Skip to main content
Topic: Free Agent Nominations OPEN (Read 17587 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Free Agent Nominations OPEN

Reply #91
It's these kind of players that are so weird though, with our new rules.  He's not eligible for free agency, but by the time the MiL draft rolls around, he likely won't be eligible for that either.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #92
RP Noe Ramirez
RP Dylan Floro
RP Kevin McCarthy
RP Shane Carle
RP Austin Gomber
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #93
It's these kind of players that are so weird though, with our new rules.  He's not eligible for free agency, but by the time the MiL draft rolls around, he likely won't be eligible for that either.

What do we set it at then?  1 AB?
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #94
I'm not sure there's a solution, I just said it's "weird".  I LOVE the new arb rules (which are related, I know, to the new playing time rules), so I'm not suggesting we go backwards.  Maybe, though, if we have time to put our heads together, we can find a way to address this occasional "weird" occurrence. 

Reply #95
Speaking of which...

Blues nominate 3B Taylor Ward

Reply #96

Yes
Basically any MLB service time means losing eligibility for the minor league draft, but gains eligibility for FA. Eliminates any chance of someone slipping through the cracks.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #97
Yes
Basically any MLB service time means losing eligibility for the minor league draft, but gains eligibility for FA. Eliminates any chance of someone slipping through the cracks.

Even if we changed our rules to make the cut-off 1 PA, there are still players who fall through the cracks.  Let me give you an example.  Player X is drafted into MLB in the minor league draft.  They are not drafted by any of our teams in June 2019.  They have a monster fall, but end the year with 0 PA.  This would be the point at which some team should pick them up, but they cannot be drafted in the spring 2020 free agency (even with the rules change).  They get called up in June and accrue at least 1 PA so they are ineligible to be drafted in the June 2020 draft.  Finally they are eligible for free agency in spring 2021.

With our existing rules, there is a chance that player gets drafted in June 2020.  Is that better?  Is it worse?  I don't know. 
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #98
RP Brad Brach
RP Adam Cimber
RP Edgar Santana
RP Brian Flynn
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #99
RP Daniel Poncedeleon
He actually should have been in Week 5 but Kyle overlooked him
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #100
RP Daniel Poncedeleon
He actually should have been in Week 5 but Kyle overlooked him

Whoa... I remember writing his name in and giving him a thread, but you're right - it must have gotten deleted or I never hit "post".  Sorry about that everyone.

Reply #101
Whoa... I remember writing his name in and giving him a thread, but you're right - it must have gotten deleted or I never hit "post".  Sorry about that everyone.

You did create a thread, but I deleted him.  He's a prospect on the Sweets.  Baseball Reference spells his name Ponce de Leon.  Fangraphs spells it Poncedeleon, which is how we spell it on the spreadsheet.  That might be the disconnect.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #102
Sorry for the late nomination but thanks for the reminder.

RP Ty Buttrey
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #103
SS Alcides Escobar
C Roberto Perez
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #104
Nominations closed.