Skip to main content
Topic: DEVILS - Kyle Farmer, 2B - $250K/2022 (Read 1387 times) previous topic - next topic

DEVILS - Kyle Farmer, 2B - $250K/2022

Please post your bids here
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Kyle Farmer, 2B

Reply #1
OCD bid $250k
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Re: Kyle Farmer, 2B

Reply #2
closed to the Devils
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: DEVILS - Kyle Farmer, 2B

Reply #3
Three years please
HGH fka theOCD

Re: DEVILS - Kyle Farmer, 2B - $250K/2022

Reply #4
Super interesting player.  He's a catcher but plays the infield and I hear the Reds will be using him as the backup shortstop.  How often do you see a player who qualifies at catcher and short?
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #5
Wolters in the last round was 2B eligible, but a better catcher, more ABs. 
HGH fka theOCD

Reply #6
That's pretty rare as well.  I know Russell Martin has played some 3b, pitched and I'm pretty sure he had some time at short though I don't know if he every qualified.  And of course Biggio was a catcher although I am not sure he was still catching by the time he came up to the bigs.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #7
Yup, Biggio caught in the bigs for the first few years of his career. I remember watching the Astros in the early 90s with Biggio catching. I think he moved full time to 2nd in either 92 or 93, as I recall (and I could look this up on baseball reference, but I'll just go with memory). :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #8
Biggio also played CF for a couple years. Was that before or after 2b? Hold on, I'll look it up...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #9
Biggio caught from 88-91, played 2b from 92-02, played CF in 03, split time in 04 between CF and LF, then went back to 2b to finish his career from 05-07.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs