Skip to main content
Topic: Kraken Arbitration (Read 2302 times) previous topic - next topic

Kraken Arbitration

The Kraken will offer arbitration to the following players:
  • Jacob deGrom, 4.7 fWar, +2.5M to 12M salary
  • JT Realmuto, 4.4 fWar, +2.5M to $6M salary
  • Harrison Bader, 2.5 fWar, first year arbitration salary of 2M salary
  • Andrew Benintendi, 2.4 fWar, first year arbitration salary of 2M salary

We will non-tender Jackie Bradley, JR who was eligible for his final year of arbitration. It is my understanding that Bradley will be a free agent and he will not be counted towards my roster salary this year. Can someone please confirm this?

Also, can someone please confirm that Flaherty and Chirinos are BEGINNING their third year of rookie eligibility and do not need to be offered arbitration until after this coming season. Sorry for needing the help but I always get these dates confused and I don't want to get it wrong. Thanks in advance.

Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Re: Kraken Arbitration

Reply #1
Hi Dan - correct about Bradley, Jr.  And as long as Flaherty and Chirinos are listed as 2021 contracts, your assessment is correct.  Determining the rookie contracts first Arb season always comes down to this: When the year of their contract is complete, that's the offseason they're eligible for arbitration.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
Hi Dan - correct about Bradley, Jr.  And as long as Flaherty and Chirinos are listed as 2021 contracts, your assessment is correct.  Determining the rookie contracts first Arb season always comes down to this: When the year of their contract is complete, that's the offseason they're eligible for arbitration.

Flaherty and Chirinos were both promoted in December 2018 and are both listed as 2022 contracts on the roster spreadsheet.

Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #3
Flaherty and Chirinos were both promoted in December 2018 and are both listed as 2022 contracts on the roster spreadsheet.

Ah, then you have them at $500k a piece until AFTER the 2022 season is completed.

Reply #4
Ah, then you have them at $500k a piece until AFTER the 2022 season is completed.

That is not correct.  Prior to the start of the 2022 season, you would have to make a decision on arbitration.  If you decline, they would be $500k for the 2022 season and then be released.  If you offered arbitration, their contract would increase and they would be extended.  The idea is that you need to make a decision prior to the 4th year rather than at the end of the 4th year of their contract.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #5
Also, can someone please confirm that Flaherty and Chirinos are BEGINNING their third year of rookie eligibility and do not need to be offered arbitration until after this coming season. Sorry for needing the help but I always get these dates confused and I don't want to get it wrong. Thanks in advance.

Flaherty and Chirinos do not have to be extended yet.  Next offseason will be their year.  The only player that you would need to extend this offseason (besides the ones you already extended) would be MIchael Feliz.  Based on his projected stats, you might consider it just to buy an extra year and see if he bounces back in 2021.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #6
The only player that you would need to extend this offseason (besides the ones you already extended) would be MIchael Feliz.

You are absolutely correct. I had him on my spreadsheet to post and then I forgot to do. I think his salary will be $1M.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #7
Sorry Dan!

Reply #8
No problem Kyle.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #9
I just wanted to repost that the Kraken will non-tender Jackie Bradley Jr and not offer him an arbitration contract.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #10
I'll just keep him on your roster until we know that you won't be trading him.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #11
This was discussed at the end of December but I guess I didn't make it official at that time. The Kraken will offer arbitration to Michael Feliz. I think his new salary will be $1M.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #12
This was discussed at the end of December but I guess I didn't make it official at that time. The Kraken will offer arbitration to Michael Feliz. I think his new salary will be $1M.

Sorry you did and I just missed it.  Thanks Dan.
David
Phoenix Miners