Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Captain's Quarters / Re: Immaculate Grid
Last post by bcbarnes -
Somehow I remember Tony Bautista in a Twins uniform. And he had several good years with the Orioles so to me that was his easier team. He was definitely my most random as I had an allstar level player in all the others I think.
Waivers Reviewed / Re: Arizona Koi waive 3
Last post by Bob Miller -
Auk would like to claim Jesse Winker

Its a joke.   Needed to be done when placed on waivers.   But WOW   Ol Jesse is hitting the the ball like it is 2016 and he is a Blue Wahoo down in Pensacola.   What got him going ?    I guess he didn't like Seattle or Milwaukee.  
Press Clippings / WALLA WALLA SWEETS
Last post by Walla Walla -
After a surprising run into the second round of the playoffs last season, the Walla Walla Sweets find themselves tied for last place in the Frick division after 12 games. About 50 years ago, Dee Andros, then head coach of the Oregon State Beavers, said this about his football team: We are small, but we ARE slow. Something similar could be said about the Sweets. They don't score many runs, but they do give up lots of them. Their run differential (-36) is last in the league.

But hope springs eternal. There is help on the horizon. Sweets farmhand Colton Cowser is out of the gate in Baltimore at an Ohtanian pace in flesh-and-blood baseball: .400/.429/.800 with 4 homeruns! Young Boston starter Tanner Houck sports a 1.35 ERA with a WHIP of .900 after 4 games.

SPEED KILLS RALLIES
I watched an unusual play unfold in a contest between the Mariners and Reds the other night. The Reds, trailing 3-1 late in the game, had runners on 1st (Elly De La Cruz) and 2nd with two out. The hitter lined a single to center. De La Cruz had 3rd base in mind at the crack of the bat, but Julio Rodriguez threw him out there quite easily. He was tagged before the runner from 2nd crossed the plate, and the Reds were denied what would have been an important run. Presumably, the precocious young star received a speeding ticket from David Bell.
Press Clippings / April 26-27
Last post by Brendtmc -
SERIES RESULTS

Madmen @ ACL's
Madmen 8, ACL's 4
ACL's 7, Madman 2

Auk @ Thunder
Auk 5, Thunder 4
Thunder 6, Auk 5

Rum Runner @ Sea Wolves
Rum Runners 8, Sea Wolves 2
Sea Wolves 5, Rum Runners 2