Skip to main content
Topic: Important Dates (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

Important Dates

Upcoming important dates:

1/16 - Next week we'll have our annual ballpark draft. This is a relatively minor aspect of our offseason so it's good to get it out of the way before the serious stuff starts. If you're eligible David will be in contact with you.

1/23 - This is the date that you must complete your offseason announcements by. This would include extending arbitration to your eligible players already in the arbitration process (arbitration eligible players who are still on rookie contracts can be extended but they don't have to yet). Also this would include any salary offsets plus any players you want to waive and have them be eligible for the auctions. Any waivers after this date, if unclaimed, go to the never-never land of unused players for this season.

1/24 - Free agent nominations begin. First come, first served. No more than 5 nominations per team per day though.

1/29(ish) - I'll post Week 1 nominations. Once they are posted the bidding may begin. I say "ish" as I'm hopeful it will be sometime on Sat, but I'm leaving the door open for it to be Sun morning :)

1/30-2/4 - Week 1 FA
2/6-2/11 - Week 2 FA
3/6-3/11 - Week 6 FA

Once FA concludes you'll have roughly 3 weeks to play some preseason games, finalize your MP, and submit your MP to Brendt. My advice is to not wait until the last minute on your MP in case there are import/export issues. That's rare, but you don't want to start the season without a valid MP. So the sooner you can get that done the better! Someone (most likely Kyle) will also post GIG questions.

4/3 - Arbitration for eligible players still on a rookie contract (see above) needs to be posted.

4/4 - OPENING DAY!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs