Skip to main content
Topic: Round 1  (Read 6180 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 1

Reply #15
River City Cutthroats Select Carson Kelly, C, STL

With the two SS prospects on my board going just in front of me, I'm going to switch gears and put a bit more value on early ETA.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #16
This is a tough decision, especially not having a 2nd round pick. I doubt the guy I didn't pick will make it to round 3 (although one can always hope). The ACLs continue their tradition of getting young outfielders from the Washington Nationals and select

Juan Soto, OF

Jason
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #17
By proxy the Barbuda Bulldogs select Alex Faedo, SP, DET

ROUND 2 BEGINS!!
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #19
River City Cutthroats Select Carson Kelly, C, STL

With the two SS prospects on my board going just in front of me, I'm going to switch gears and put a bit more value on early ETA.

I don't want to muddy the waters, but can someone verify that Kelly was truly a free-agent. He was drafted in the 2nd round of MSB 2016 and is a highly ranked prospect at his position.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #20
I was also surprised he wasn't a roster, but I didn't notice that he was drafted by the Landsharks in 2016.  I'll look through transaction history to see what might have happened.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #21
Cutthroats go back to looking at talent over ETA and draft . . . . . .  Wander Samuel Franco, SS, TBR

Sorry Jason.  I HAVE to know this guy was on your radar.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #22
Just for clarification.  This might be early to draft a 16 year old, but without a pick until the 5th round this was the only way he was going to be on my roster.  As the last player I was excited to have on the Cutthroats I'm okay with selecting him early.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #23
Cutthroats go back to looking at talent over ETA and draft . . . . . .  Wander Samuel Franco, SS, TBR

Sorry Jason.  I HAVE to know this guy was on your radar.

I was going to say, what was this about drafting guys with the closest ETA? Do you mean closest to 2100?!?!?

I would say that I try to avoid guys that are that far from the majors, but then again, I've taken guys like Sano, Torres, Robles and now Soto. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #24
Turns out Soto was not that far away!

looking to see that we did a round in a day last year.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers