Skip to main content
Topic: World Series G7 (Read 902 times) previous topic - next topic

World Series G7

Neither team made any profile changes so it's Rodriguez vs Williams:

Brewers score in the 1st via a Semien solo HR. More on him later...

ACL's answer in the 2nd via a 2-run HR by Lindor. More on him later too...

Brewers answer in the 3rd via a single, double, and RBI ground-out by Semien. Still more from him later, but the score is now 2-2.

ACL's answer in the 3rd via a Betts double (more from him later too) who then scored on an RBI single.

ACL's pad their lead in the 4th when Lindor hit a single, SB, and later scored on an RBI groundout. ACL's lead 4-2, and yes, this is getting repetitive, but you'll hear more from Lindor later.

Brewers answer in the 5th with a Cron solo HR and they added another run to make it 4-4.

Fast forward to the top of the 8th. You can tell things are getting tense as Soler was ejected arguing balls and strikes after striking out. Sheesh, come on ump - let them play!

Bottom of the 8th - Conforto walks but then gets caught trying to steal 2b. We're headed to the 9th with the score still 4-4. This was also the point when I was reading through the boxscore and started kicking myself for forgetting not to record this live like I did for the All Star Game. My bad everyone...

Top of the 9th. Gallegos on the mound for the ACL's:
1-2-3 inning

Bottom of the 9th, Phelps on the mound for the Brewers:
K and fly out to RF for 2 outs, and then some craziness.
Pinch-hit single by Calhoun (making his 1st appearance in the series, wow).
New RP Gott (also making his 1st appearance of the series. What is going on here? Is it just me or is the bottom of the 9th in a G7 not the best time to make sure everyone gets playing time?)
Infield single and a walk to load the bases for Soto, but he grounded out to Semien!

Top of the 10th, new RP Vazquez:
How many times does the guy who makes the defensive play then come up clutch at the plate? Semien hits a HR to give the Brewers a 5-4 lead! Foreshadowing!!!

Bottom of the 9th, Gott still on the mound:
Betts gets things started with a single to RF. Foreshadowing!!! And all of a sudden things aren't as cheery in Grants Pass as they were a few seconds ago.
Conforto is HBP to put the tying run in scoring position.
Sano strikes out, but Torres walks to load the bases.
New RP Zamora.
Lindor with the bases loaded walk to tie the game! Foreshadowing!!!
Avila (who entered the game as a defensive replacement after Contreras was pinch hit for by Calhoun in the 9th and was 0-2 so far in the series) is now up. On a 2-2 count he lines a single between 1st and 2nd (wisely staying away from a potential double-play ball to Semien) for the walk-off win!

Congrats to the ACL's for doing what the best of the Frick couldn't do which was knock off the Brewers. Repeating as champs is not easy to do and this was well earned. Winning a series when you slash .196/.294/.326 is a hell of an accomplishment. Some of that is credited to the Brewers pitching of course, but Jason you scored when you had to and that's all that matters.

MVP candidates:
Betts = .370/.452/.556 - 2 doubles, 1 HR, 6 runs, 4 RBI, 2 SB
Lindor = .227/.346/.727 - 1 triple, 3 HR, 5 runs, 9 RBI, 1 SB

For fun the other potential candidate is:
Cabrera = .370/.414/.704 - 3 doubles, 2 HR, 8 runs, 7 RBI, 1 SB
But I'm sorry, you can't be MVP when your teams loses the series and you go 0-4 in G7

Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with either Betts or Lindor. Both were intimately involved throughout the whole G7 and especially the deciding 10th. My guess is probably in real-life Lindor gets the vote, but Betts was probably a little more "valuable" to the ACL's winning. Please let me know what you think!

And that's all folks...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: World Series G7

Reply #1
Boxscore attached. Sadly, not a video to attach as well (I'm disappointed in myself).
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Congrats Jason!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #3
Wow, great series! Congrats to Jason and the ACLs.

Reply #4
Congrats Jason.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #5
Wow! That was quite a nail-biter of a game. The Brewers are a great team and have given the ACLs fits in the championship series, and this game just shows that. Now the pressure is on from the fans in Ankeny for a three-peat. Thanks for the congratulations, as this has been a fun run for the past few years.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #6
Great game, great series!  Congrats Jason, quite a 2 year run for your ACLs.  Same time next year?  The Brewers want another shot at the ALCs.
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #7
Great game, great series!  Congrats Jason, quite a 2 year run for your ACLs.  Same time next year?  The Brewers want another shot at the ALCs.

I hope so, but I will say that the Maniax, Rum Runners, and everyone else is going to make that a challenge for the ACLs (along with the coming free agency of Mookie Betts).
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #8
Look at this guy and his two championships in a row.  Jason can't stop setting records.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #9
Congrats Jason!!!
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts