Skip to main content
Topic: FFL Openings (Read 415 times) previous topic - next topic

FFL Openings

I want to share a few important details, although all items are covered in the league constitution. There are two openings remaining with four total dispersal/orphan teams. This will be an opportunity to build and complete your team.

Another owner in the league is Coy Grayson of the Rolla Sweets. The remainder are friends and a few random owners that are active.

The dispersal draft will consist of the selection of players and 2022 Rookie Draft picks. This will be the only way to get Rookie draft picks. You will have to choose draft picks or players. The number of selections is your choice. The order will be drawn randomly and will be snaking for as many rounds as needed. All unselected players will become free agents and be available in thr free agent auction following the rookie draft.

There are a few players on the taxi squad. Promotion of those players will have a $4 salary this year and a 22-R contract. The R.1, R.2 or R.3 represents players and the round selected. R.1 players have a 4th year option as a rookie contract similar to the NFL 1st round. Following the expiration of a rookie contract and the 3 or 4th year there will be a matching rights auction, one player at a time. The current owner will have an opportunity to match the contract once the auction expires. This is for the rookies only.

From the free auction you will have to decide a 1, 2 or 3 year contract. This contract is binding and there is a real money penalty if released early. Look at it this way if you aren't in the last year of a contract, there will be a penalty if released. For this year that would be a 21-3, 22-2 or 22-3.

I generally don't give long contacts to IDP players and offense truly depends on the players. If you look at the team roster pages, there are fewer and fewer 3-year contacts. This year could see an increase as many 19-3 players from our Inaugural Season are hitting the open market.

The rookie draft will be fairly straightforward. The Auction will have multiple players nominated per team, I believe the limit is two per team the first few days. The clock has been 18 hours as high bidder, when the high bidder changes the clock restarts. I suggest searching YouTube for MFL videos, this is what I needed to do a few years ago to get a full grasp of the process.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19dWEstzJQdgPmlngDKULvq1V7qK6kNPoqGOsfTtM8Pc/edit?usp=sharing

https://www50.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=44933&O=26

For more details or to join, bbrownfantasy@gmail.com or text 573-268-2605
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)