Skip to main content
Topic: Allow me to vent a little bit... (Read 408 times) previous topic - next topic

Allow me to vent a little bit...

Future superstar Blue Jays (and Blues) catcher Gabriel Moreno was called up in September and accumulated 69 ABs. Just 5 fewer ABs, man. Ugh.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Allow me to vent a little bit...

Reply #1
What's the issue? You don't have to give someone from the minors a contract unless they exhaust their rookie eligibility, which is 130 ABs. Or am I missing something, which is entirely possible? :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #2
Ehhh... whoops. I've been mistakenly thinking - for about a month now, somehow - that if my MiL guys got past 65 ABs, I'd have to promote them. I was confusing the minor league draft eligibility with the promotion thresholds.

Don't mind me...
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #3
No problem. I was just making sure I understood the rules, since I could have missed that. :)

Ehhh... whoops. I've been mistakenly thinking - for about a month now, somehow - that if my MiL guys got past 65 ABs, I'd have to promote them. I was confusing the minor league draft eligibility with the promotion thresholds.

Don't mind me...
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League