Skip to main content
Topic: Round 2 (Read 8445 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 2

Reply #30
Paddack was taken by the Landlubbers in last year's draft (round 9).
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #31
Okay who's the jerk who can't spell these guy's names right in the rosters?  Oh, burn...
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #32
There can't possibly be an alternate spelling for Dennis Santana, SP, LAD, right?
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #33
Bums select Ronaldo Nehemiah . . . No, Cristiano Ronaldo . . . No, let’s try Ronaldo Hernandez, C.
Brendt,

Since you were fishing for compliments, I really like the pick of Hernandez. I was hoping he might be a hidden gem that wouldn't get selected until later (by me).
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #34
Brendt,

Since you were fishing for compliments, I really like the pick of Hernandez. I was hoping he might be a hidden gem that wouldn't get selected until later (by me).
I was surprised by the number of quality catchers available this draft: Bart, Cartaya, Murphy, Jansen, Hernandez (how many drafts have FOUR catchers taken in the first round . . . and now two more in the second). I would have been happy with just about any of them. Jansen was the least desirable, but only because he’s so close to the bigs. More certainty with him, but I’m still building for the future so him being just a half step from Toronto was a deterrent for me. I’m very happy with Hernandez.

I’m already seeing that Mutiny is going to be a lot like scrubs in that there are really not going to be many hidden gems. Too many smart GM’s.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #35
Paddack was taken by the Landlubbers in last year's draft (round 9).
Love to see Round 9 guys move up to round 2 the following year. Taking chances on guys coming back from injury is one way to find hidden gems.

FWIW I like Hernandez also and was considering him at this pick.

Landlubbers select Corbin Martin, SP, Hou
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #36
End of round 2 seems like a good place to take a gamble.

Seth Beer, OF, HOU

On to Round 3
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #37
Lets not forget that Rattlers still has a pick in this round. Anyone hear from him?
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #39
End of round 2 seems like a good place to take a gamble.

Seth Beer, OF, HOU

On to Round 3

Bummer, I was hoping Beer would be around in Round 3 for me.  I mean he really should be on the Brewers!  We needed a Beer to go with our (Riley) Pint.
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #40
Rattlers select Parker Meadows OF DET
Ed

Windy City Rattlers

Baseball 365