Skip to main content
Topic: On the run, OTB 2018-07-29 (Read 1232 times) previous topic - next topic

On the run, OTB 2018-07-29

I'm looking to free up a few more minors spots and trade these players for either draft picks or a prospect upgrade since the 40-man rosters appear to be frozen.

Rosell Herrera - KC OF - playing at the MLB level currently.
Kohl Stewart - MIN SP
Monte Harrison - MIA OF
Renato Nunez - BAL 3B/LF - back at the MLB level and should get a decent chance at PT with Baltimore.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: On the run, OTB 2018-07-29

Reply #1
I did have some light discussions, but unless I work a two for one trade prior to the start of round 6, it appears that the 2018 Minor Leauge Draft will be over for the Rum Runners.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: On the run, OTB 2018-07-29

Reply #2
Brent - yes, the database itself is in a roster freeze, but if you wish to promote one (or all) of these players you can still do that. The roster file that David maintains is not frozen during the draft.

Just so everyone is clear, no one is stopping teams from waiving/promoting/trading/etc right now. You can make any transaction you need to continue participating in the draft or improving your roster. We just made the decision to put the database in a roster freeze during the draft to not hold up simming games waiting for new MP after the transactions. Which turns out to be a moot point since I took a hiatus from simming games anyway.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs