Scurvy Dogs

Re: Round 8

Reply #18
One more - Elehuris Montero, 3b, StL
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #19

Things are quite chaotic this year, more so than previous ones.

I believe the Asterisks are up with pick 8.16, with a few teams skipped, correct? And if Kyle doesn't pick by 5pm Pacific, then I am on the clock?

Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #20
Things are quite chaotic this year, more so than previous ones.

I believe the Asterisks are up with pick 8.16, with a few teams skipped, correct? And if Kyle doesn't pick by 5pm Pacific, then I am on the clock?

Unless Rod is done, I think he's still up with the 15th pick.

We'll be proposing something in the off-season to eliminate some of the chaos.  We were thinking about shortening the window for picks, but also slotting picks and sending out the list the night before so everyone knows exactly when it's their turn.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #21
Sweets are going to jump back into the draft and I don't believe he is on any rosters or has been taken yet.

The Sweets will select Jeff McNeil, IF, of the New York Mets. Sweets are now officially done.
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #22
Dogs request to be skipped per Rods email (pick 8.15)  Seattle's pick was invalid.
Asterisks are up.
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #23
Taylor Hearn, LHP, TEX

Cache Hogs up and emailed.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #24
Sweets are going to jump back into the draft and I don't believe he is on any rosters or has been taken yet.

The Sweets will select Jeff McNeil, IF, of the New York Mets. Sweets are now officially done.

Seriously? We are still allowing this? They don't even have a pick this round and declared themselves out 2 rounds ago. Those picks shouldn't come until the end of a round, if at all. Frustrating.

With McNeil now gone...

Cache Hogs select Ezequiel Duran, 2B, NYY
Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #25
There was a difference between going on 'Skip' and being 'Done' I thought once the done designation was given, there was no coming back.
Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #26
There was a difference between going on 'Skip' and being 'Done' I thought once the done designation was given, there was no coming back.
That might be one of those "unwritten" rules, but I'd never heard of it, to be honest.  With Coy being a new owner, I'm certainly willing to let it go.

But maybe we should suggest something be added to the rulebook?
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #27
That might be one of those "unwritten" rules, but I'd never heard of it, to be honest.  With Coy being a new owner, I'm certainly willing to let it go.

But maybe we should suggest something be added to the rulebook?

Correct, but if we are going to say that, then it certainly isn't in the rule book to allow teams to jump in whenever they want. Only for invalid or skipped picks is it mentioned, in other words, active drafters, not once a team declares they are finished.

Regardless, add it to the discussion for future Minor League Draft rules.
Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #28
Seriously? We are still allowing this? They don't even have a pick this round and declared themselves out 2 rounds ago. Those picks shouldn't come until the end of a round, if at all. Frustrating.

With McNeil now gone...

I am okay with retracting my pick. The email I received from David about going on skip stated that I would be allowed to rescind being done later and make another pick if I would like. I asked David before I made my pick to make sure that it was allowed but if it isn't I am okay with my pick being retracted.

Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #29

With McNeil now gone...

Chris:

First off, Coy never actually posted that he was done.  He sent me a private email about it,  But as he points out, he subsequently asked me if he could come back in.  I told him that there was no problem.

I did so based on us not having any rule (written or unwritten) about this.  We've always allowed it.  I'm pretty sure the last time we talked about this one (I think me and Kyle) was two years ago.  And we decided that there is no great alternative.  If we establish a rule saying that DONE means permanently done, no team will ever declare that they are done, they'll just let themselves be auto-skipped until the draft ends.

In addition, at the end of every draft, we usually announce the end and give everyone 24 hours to make any final picks.  Which basically means that every team that is DONE still has some time to jump back in and make a final pick or two.
David
Phoenix Miners