Skip to main content
Topic: Blockbuster Trade between the Nomads and Asterisks (no, not kidding) (Read 1410 times) previous topic - next topic

Blockbuster Trade between the Nomads and Asterisks (no, not kidding)

I know I've posted that title tongue-in-cheek before, but this time... well...

The Foothill Nomads send Alex Bregmann (2021/R1/$500K) to the Asterisks for top prospect Royce Lewis, Tyler Mahle (both minors) and Wilson Ramos (2020/$1M).

Expect a column by Bul Matthewson and the Weekly Bird Call, only after Matt confirms the deal.

Always a pleasure, Matt.  Best of luck to you with the haul.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Blockbuster Trade between the Nomads and Asterisks (no, not kidding)

Reply #1
Nomads team statement:  The Nomads have traded Alex Bregman to the Arizona Asterisks for catcher Wilson Ramos and minor leaguers Royce Lewis and Tyler Mahle.  After some very productive conversations over the last month, the Nomads organization decided they would back off moving Alex amidst his breakout season and increasing positional flexibility.  Just a few days ago, the Asterisks organization came to the Nomads with a strong offer that made us reconsider our stance.  It was clear the perceived value in the league had reached a level that was in line with the organizations value for Alex.  The Nomads countered with an offer that met the needs of both the major and minor league rosters which was accepted by Team President Kyle Coffin just before noon today.

Alex will be missed greatly and we wish him the best with the exception of any Nomads/Asterisks head to head match up.  We very much appreciate a smooth and easy trade conversation with Kyle and thank him for what should be a great trade for both teams.

In other words, the Nomads approve.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
Approved.

Edit: strike that.  Matt, you need to waive another minor leaguer.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
I've made 3 additional waivers which I believe gets me to 24.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #4
Trade is approved.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #5
processed in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs