Skip to main content
Topic: Big Names On the Market (Read 1111 times) previous topic - next topic

Big Names On the Market

Hi Folks,

While the Nomads are looking to be playoff bound, this years has been pretty frustrating and I am just not feeling like I have what it takes to duke it out with the big boys.  But some of you probably are feeling pretty good about knocking those juggernauts and a nice addition might help you get it done.

So here are some names.

The Rentals: 
Giancarlo Stanton is a free agent to be but has the production to put your offense over the top.  His DMB OPS is over 1.000 for the season and would fit nicely into the middle of anyone's lineup.

Travis Shaw's 3.4 WAR in 2017 should give you a nice boost to your lineup and plays great D at third.

Tyler Flowers fits in at the catching positions with some good on base skills and in a world where offensive production out of the position is scarce, this rental could help quite a bit.

Danny Salazar isn't going to blow you away, but he's a good solid pitcher that could help bridge the gap over the last month of the season so you aren't hit by the playing time limit penalties and lose ground in your playoff run.

Arodys Vizcaino has some great numbers out of the pen and could be a nice boost in the playoffs.

Longer Term:
Madison Bumgarners contract is a tough pill to swallow since he has had limited innings in 2017 and 2018.  But they are quality innings and he's been saved and has innings to burn this year.

I'm open to all offers but my primary focus is on getting quality pitching for next year.  I could also use some help at center, second, first.  I am willing to take salary long term salary back if it makes sense.  For most teams that will be a prerequisite for a Bumgarner deal and I am open to that.

Please email me at thebuland@gmail.com
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts