Skip to main content
Topic: 2024 press release (Read 111 times) previous topic - next topic

2024 press release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ann Arbor Landlubbers Public Relations
johnscrn@gmail.com

Landlubbers Chart a Calculated Course in Free Agency Reflecting on Development and Future Success

Ann Arbor, Michigan – As the offseason tumult settles, the Ann Arbor Landlubbers announce a strategic approach to free agency, investing wisely to nurture talent and to cultivate a championship-winning team.

Amid a conservative spending plan, the Landlubbers have allocated just $4.26 million in free agency, marking the lowest across the league this season. This decision underscores a commitment to building from within and providing a platform for emerging stars.

The spotlight shines on the youth as Tyler Freeman is set to enhance his skill set, preparing for potential opportunities. Centerfielder Johan Rojas is poised for significant playtime, drawing fans' attention with his expected contributions.

On the mound, up-and-coming pitchers Hunter Brown and Tommy Henry are slated to join the starting rotation, with Abner Uribe bolstering the bullpen.

The young pitching core of Matt Manning, Dane Dunning, Christian Javier, Reid Detmers, Roansy Contreras, Richard Lovelady, and Michael King are anticipated to make meaningful strides in the upcoming season, as they receive key innings to demonstrate their prowess.

Positional play maps out with the tried-and-true catching duo of Alejandro Kirk and Danny Jansen, the latter solidifying his tenure through arbitration. First base responsibilities will be shared by Kyle Farmer and Dylan Moore.

A structural shift is seen as last year's first baseman, Austin Riley, settles into the hot corner after securing a $7 million 1-year arbitration agreement. Meanwhile, the keystone will be anchored by free-agent signee Amed Rosario and the Landlubbers' stalwart, Willi Castro, who will explore an expanded role at second and third base.

The departure of Christopher Morel to the Chicago Run Runners makes way for Ezequiel Tovar as the starting shortstop, with Trevor Story's experienced guidance contributing to the infield dynamic.

Outfield assignments are thoughtfully devised, with TJ Friedl claiming left field and Stone Garrett geared to face left-handed pitching. The versatile Tommy Edman transitions to centerfield, sharing duties with the promising Johan Rojas, while right field responsibilities will be divided between Grossman and Margot.

Adding formidable depth, JD Martinez and Josh Bell are slated to provide power and experience in the Designated Hitter slot.

While some make their mark on the roster, others bid farewell, including Brandon Crawford, Domingo Acevedo, Albert Abreu, Trayce Thompson, and Gilberto Celestino who exit the camp roster.

The Landlubbers recognize the cyclical nature of growth, recalling a not-so-distant developmental season that laid the groundwork for a triumphant turning tide. With eyes set on the horizon, the Landlubbers embark with the hope that this lean phase will precede a surge towards the summit and secure a future championship.

For additional information, insights, and interview requests, please reach out to the Landlubbers Public Relations team.

Ann Arbor Landlubbbers – Building Champions, One Play at a Time.

###

Note to Editors: The Ann Arbor Landlubbers are a simulation baseball team dedicated to providing an engaging and competitive experience for fans. For further details on our players, team strategy, and game schedules, visit mutinybaseball.com/landlubbers.

End of Press Release
(thank you to A.I. for saving me time on this this year)
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Re: 2024 press release

Reply #1
Are you serious? You used AI to help write that?
Fun, I need to give that a try…
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Seriously... I'd like to understand what prompt produced that...
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
It was a long prompt. I told it to write me a press release and here is a list of everything that happened this off-season and who was starting where. It just saves so much time editing and I imagine it’s an easier read for you all than my normal writing.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #4
Well done...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs