Skip to main content
Topic: On The Run, OTB (Read 1387 times) previous topic - next topic

On The Run, OTB

It's been a while, I need to write something. This won't fill that appetite, but it's a maybe a little to generate some discussion.

I'm in need of a RHB for 2B, I've got several options in the LHB department. Not likely to move Flores or Wong, unless the deal is really good. This isn't a need, more of a want and would balance things out a little on my offense. Call it a challenge trade or call it what you will, but it's a deal.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: On The Run, OTB

Reply #1
Well this season is going, much worse than expected. I didn't have any expectations of being a contender, but my pitching, especially the starting pitching is far worse than expected.

With that said, if you have an interest in Iwakuma, Ubaldo Jimenez, Dallas Keuchel or Mat Latos. I'm willing to listen to offers. Keuchel is going to be far more expensive as he's having a great start to 2017 and he's HTD eligible. If I can re-sign him, I'll save a little bit of money. So that has some value to me. I would very likely need an innings eater in return and then something of benefit. A prospect or draft pick upgrade.

If you needed a LHB for your bench, I have Mauer, Morneau and Valbueana available. All three have 2017 contracts over 3.4M, so I'm not sure if any deal can be made from that.

As for the rest of my roster, I have a lot of 2018 and beyond players. I have the mindset that each player has a price and I will continue to have it. If you see someone you have interest in, send me a message, email, text. Let's make a deal.

Franny

Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)