Skip to main content
Topic: ACLs Looking Ahead to 2020 (Read 1117 times) previous topic - next topic

ACLs Looking Ahead to 2020

This was a crazy season for the ACLs. We won the Harry Carey division and finished with the 3rd most wins in the Mutiny.  Plus, we have the MVP of the league for the season with Mookie Betts, who had an amazing season. Unfortunately, given the parity of the league, we ran into a buzzsaw in the playoffs with the Landlubbers and exited the playoffs earlier than management wanted.

Looking ahead to the 2020 season, the management of the ACLs is optimistic that another successful season lies ahead. Our everyday lineup includes Willson Contreras, Ji-Man Choi, Gleyber Torres, Francisco Lindor, Javier Baez, Juan Soto, Austin Meadows, Michael Conforto and reigning MVP Mookie Betts. The bullpen is solid and has horses at the top of the rotation with Charlie Morton and Mike Soroka. However, as we also start to look at the team going into 2020, the ACLs are hoping to be active on the trade market to fill any holes the team has for the upcoming season. At this point, we are looking to upgrade our 3rd base position, along with getting more pitching (who doesn't want more pitching). Some of the players that we could potential move in a deal include:

Willy Adames (2022, Rookie, $0.5M)
Javier Baez (Arbitration-2 eligible at $6M)
Michael Conforto (2020, 0.25, but Arbitration-1 eligible at $2.50M)
Dexter Fowler (2020, $2.925M)
Teoscar Hernandez (2020, $0.35M)

If there is any interest there, or in other players on the ACLs, let me know
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League