Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 Post-season Farm Rankings - Group 5 (Read 2092 times) previous topic - next topic

2019 Post-season Farm Rankings - Group 5

The Group 5 article has been posted.  Take a read and then vote here for your top four farm systems.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Re: 2019 Post-season Farm Rankings - Group 5

Reply #1
Well, there's only one way that I can vote for the top team. :) These are all very good farm systems.

1. ACLs
2. Cutthroats
3. Bums
4. Koi
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #2
Four very good farm systems here with one clear top system and three very closely matched systems:
 1 - Bums
 2 - Koi
 3 - Cutthroats
 4 - ACL's
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #3
Wow, lots of talent here

1. ACL
2. Cutthroat
3. Koi
4. Bums
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #4
1 - ACL's
2 - Cutthroats
3 - Bums
4 - Koi
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #5
I'm going with this:

1) Bums (tie)
1) Cutty's (tie)
3) ACLs
4) Koi
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #6
Funny that Kyle sees it similarly with nearly identical timing.  Great mind's think alike.  Btw, have I shared that I will no longer trade with that guy.  Just don't do it fellas.  I take partial credit for his championship in 2019.  I'm still waiting for my team to be placed on the championship banner (in small print and below the Blues, of course).   :'(

BTW, I don't like doing these rankings anymore.  It's too damn hard.  I could flip this around and feel just as good about it so take it with a grain of salt. 

Here's my reasoning, cause I have to at least explain.  First, let me say this, I lean to liking the Cutty's top 3 or 4 (between promotions and present prospects) best of all 4 teams.  But it's not so much ahead to rank them higher than the Bums and their staggering depth.  Score one for the Bums who have only had the pleasure since re-joining as an expansion team to win these esteemed rankings.  Beware the soon to be Bum championship contender with a salary of 30M.

The ACL's just promoted an Ace so how could they possibly be 3rd?  I barely can answer that but I will say this, I need to see another year of Lux at last years level before I believe in him wholeheartedly.  As an aside, I must ask, in a league with so many Dodger fans, how do the ACL's carry so much of their top end talent?

And boy, I haven't even mentioned the Koi.  Bo Bichette!  I shouldn't have to say a whole lot more.  Probably not, but I will.  They have 5 top end rotation guys not to far off and in a league where quality rotation pieces are at a premium. I like to odds of getting a couple really good ones out of that batch.  And here I go again, nearly convincing myself to change my rankings. 

End the end I'll stick to my first guess.  Thank you SAT prep course for allowing me to bow out of this conundrum gracefully.

1. Bums
2. Cutthroats
3. ACL's
4. Koi

Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #7
Hey now, don't hate on the champ!  Trade with him.  He's a wonderfully nice guy.

And about Jason's penchant for taking Dodgers before the rest of us LA fans, I can tell you from personal experience he picked both May and Lux right before I had them, ready to pick them with my next opportunity.  About Lux, I feel terrible. I had him two years before, and dropped him.  Did the same thing with Eloy Jimenez a couple years before.  Impatient appears to be my middle name with the young'ens.

Reply #8
As an aside, I must ask, in a league with so many Dodger fans, how do the ACL's carry so much of their top end talent?

Actually, I think Kyle hit it to some degree that I've just been a bit ahead of Dodger fans in picking some of their guys (see, all that winning comes at a price to Kyle of missing his Dodger prospects :) ). I was also thinking about it, and I think actually the reason I've ended up with a lot of Dodger prospects (and graduates like Julio Urias and Willie Calhoun who was drafted as a Dodger), is because there are so many Dodger fans in the league.

When the ACLs pick is up in the draft, I might have a few players that I have similar feelings about (minor leaguers are a crapshoot). And part of my calculations on who to draft is who might still be around the next time I make a pick. With Dodger prospects, I strongly doubt they'll still be there when I draft next; however, if it is a prospect from Reds, there's a better chance they might be there next round. So if I'm indifferent between the two players, I might draft the Dodger first in the hope that the other player will be there later.

And I'm not sure if this is all conscious, or just something that I've baked into my mindset with the minor league draft. However, I do find it amusing that someone on the East Coast that follows teams from the AL East has the best collection of Dodger minor league talent. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #9
Those are all great points.  Another potential reason, and maybe this is just me, but I know the Dodgers prospects better than others and I definitely worry about overvaluing Dodgers prospects and may wind up undervaluing them as a result.  Additionally, I know more about them which means I know more about their faults and maybe I am overly critical.  Again, that may just be me, but I know it impacts where I rank guys.

Whatever it is, it is quite funny that the AL East guy is all over the Baby Blues and the Dodger guy's minor league roster is nearly 30% AL East guys.  To add to that, combining both AL and NL East prospects, were at over 50%.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #10
I think that's the thing with me, too, Matt.  I always think I might be overvaluing Dodgers prospects.  Unless they're the Dodgers top two picks, I tend the think they'll be around later in the draft, so I wait.  And almost always it's a round too late.