Skip to main content
Topic: Gold Glove Shortstop on the Block (Read 908 times) previous topic - next topic

Gold Glove Shortstop on the Block

I have the luxury of having two starting shortstops on my team and I have enough holes in other places it's time to consider moving the lesser of the two.  That doesn't mean Nick Ahmed is any slouch.  He's a terrific defender with EX ratings in speed and running.  His stats vs. righties are meh, but he does offer average power.  What makes him great and a fantastic platoon partner is his play versus lefties.  He brings a stellar .312/.373/.560 in 141 at bats with EX power.  for cash strapped teams he could be your perfect fit offering those numbers with a salary at the league minimum.

If you're looking for an offensive upgrade versus lefties, adding speed to your team, a great defensive shortstop or all the above, hit me up.  I'm open not looking to address any specific area of need at this stage of the offseason so I'm open to major leaguers, prospects or draft picks.  Throw out a proposal or two and lets see what makes sense.  Message me on the board or hit me up at thebuland@gmail.com.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Re: Gold Glove Shortstop on the Block

Reply #1
With a couple of lefty mashers starting to get expensive I thought I would remind teams that Nick Ahmed could be had.  He's cheap (250K/2021), has a .933 OPS vs lefties in 141, has an EX speed and running rating as well as in the power department and plays VG defense at short.

While he lacks defensive flexibility he's a pretty good get for teams looking to upgrade vs lefties.

I'm open to ideas on return.  Draft picks could be an option as well as moving some salary from my team.  Or we could find a hitter that helps me out.  I'd prefer offense vs righties.

message me on the board or email me at thebuland@gmail.com
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts