Skip to main content
Topic: Argonauts Raise the White Flag (Read 734 times) previous topic - next topic

Argonauts Raise the White Flag

After a puzzling and mindbogglingly frustrating first half of the season, the Argonauts Front Office has decided this isn't the team that that will bring that elusive third championship to the Mother Lode.

As with any Front Office there is always healthy debate, but the Argonauts decision makers find themselves in a contentious power struggle centered on whether to sell off short term teams with visions on another 2021 playoff run, or to fully hit the reset button  after three consecutive disappointing years of under performing to preseason exceptions.

The one years contracts of Verlander, Murphy and Braun will surely be available offering an elite rotation upgrade and minor offensive upgrades for teams looking to get a headstart on the stretch run. Even the team does push for 2021 contention, 2021 contracts such as DeGrom (Arb2), Wheeler, Pham, Vogt, and Fletcher are open for discussion as would be the 2022 contract of Choo.

If they go full rebuild, young players like Story, D'Arnaud, Gurriel, Hader and Neris will also be on the trade market. Least likely to be dealt are Devers and Clevinger but anything is possible in a FIRESALE!

With so many players potentially on the market, the team will have to be create to fit prospects and draft picks into the roster alone. Young major league or near ready players will be the biggest priority in trade discussions.

DM me, shoot me an email at thebuland AT gmail.com or send me a text at 916.508.1435 and let's talk trade. Anything to pass the doldrums of the lack of sporting content right now.

Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts