Skip to main content
Topic: Dogs and Blues agree on a returning player to... (Read 1526 times) previous topic - next topic

Dogs and Blues agree on a returning player to...

... The Blues.  Eugenio Suarez is the big piece coming back to Moonstruck.  And the highly touted Daulton Varsho is headed to Scurvytown.  Other players involved make the money work and fill some other needs.

The Dogs get:
Brandon McCarthy (2020/$2.5M), David Hernández (2020/$2M), JD Davis (2022/$4M), Daulton Varsho, Luis Gil (minors) and the Blues' 4.17 minor league draft pick.

The Blues get:
Eugenio Suarez (2020/$5.5M/A2)
Starlin Castro (2020/$2.3M)
And the Dogs' 5.20 minor league draft pick

Suarez's bat has been sorely missed in Moonstruck.  Management's plan when they traded him in the offseason included an optimistic reliance on a strong 1-9 batting order without a true thumper.  Most under-performing.  The Blues offense isn't even in the top 10.  Suarez has already sent multiple tweets about being missed and getting paid.

Good working with you, Rod.  Glad we got this done.  I look forward to battling with you again next season.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Dogs and Blues agree on a returning player to...

Reply #1
Approved.

Suarez was one of my big offseason acquisitions. Moral of the story, don’t trade with Kyle. You import all of their clubhouse cancer. Good riddance...

If I start winning now you’ll know why :)

LOL - good trading with you Kyle. I hated giving you a 40+ HR guy this year and next though. Sorry to everyone else in the Scully
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Fixing something for Kyle that I didn’t notice when I agreed to the trade. All salaries are prorated.

So here ya go:
The Dogs get:
Brandon McCarthy (2020/$2.5M) - prorated to $1.25M
David Hernández (2020/$2M) - prorated to $1M
JD Davis (2022/$4M) - prorated to $2M for this season
Daulton Varsho, Luis Gil (minors)
and the Blues' 4.17 minor league draft pick.

The Blues get:
Eugenio Suarez (2020/$5.5M/A2) - prorated to $2.75M
Starlin Castro (2020/$2.3M) - prorated to $1.15M
And the Dogs' 5.20 minor league draft pick
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
OK, here's the amendment:

Scratch the draft picks mentioned in the initial post.  All players remain in the deal. 
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #4
Agreed.
Easiest solution since Kyle and I are obviously pick-challenged.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
CO confirms.
David
Phoenix Miners