Skip to main content
Topic: The Rebuild Continues in the Mother Lode (Read 624 times) previous topic - next topic

The Rebuild Continues in the Mother Lode

All vet's are on the table.

I have a couple of catcher that's could help a contender. D'Arnaud (3M/21) hit's both lefties and righties well and gives you average defense while lefty Stephen Vogt (2M/21)gives position flexibility (c,1b,lf) and particularly hits righties well and Chance Sisco (.5M/22) (also a lefty) who offers offensive upside at the position and plays well vs. righties with AV defense.

The multi-positional Derek Dietrich (.765M/21) covers 1b,2b,3b and lf and gives a nice bat power bat (VG) vs both arms.

Mike Moustakas (5M/22)provides a ton of pop hitting righties especially well but no slouch vs lefties too. He also gives you the ablity to move him around covering 1b, 2b, and 3b.

Tommy Pham (6.5M/21) covers all the outfield positions well while giving you an impressive VG across the board. The speed, power, onbase talent give you a really nice player for your stretch run.

Shin soo Choo (4.55M/22) is more of a DH type, but covers left and right. He has VG power vs RHP's and matches it well with VG running and speed.

Diving into the pitching side.

Mike Clevinger (.5M/21) could be on the market. He is first year arbitration eligible (hasn't been offered yet) so controlled and gives you a really nice 3.2 WAR with 3.62 in 146 innings.

The always underrated Zack Wheeler (8.25M/21) gives you a 2.8 WAR with a 4.02 ERA in 177 innings and Michael Fulmer (2M/21 - ARB2) gives you a solid 1.7 WAR with a 4.38 era in 113 innings.

On the reliver front I may be willing to let Hader go in the right deal. The lights out closer gives you a 2.45 ERA and a 2.2 WAR.

Yimi Garcia (1.5M/21 - ARB2) gives you a nice reliever with a 4.06 ERA in 51 innings while Jeremy Jeffress (3.75M/21) deals you a 3.70 ERA in 58.1 innings a keeps the ball on the ground at 69%. Casey Sadler (.8M/22) also gives you a nice arm (that can start in a pinch as well) with a 4.04 ERA in 69 innings.

I'm maxed on minor league spots so I'm looking more for draft picks, younger major leaguers with control, and upside major leaguers.  And if you have the right minor leaguer I'm sure we can figure it out.

Email thebulandATgmail.com or hit me up with a message on the board.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts