Skip to main content
Topic: Brewer and Argonauts strike a big deal (Read 800 times) previous topic - next topic

Brewer and Argonauts strike a big deal

Division rivals Grants Pass Brewers and Mother Lode Argonauts have struck a deal swapping some major talent. 

The Brewers send Sandy Alcantara ($500K, 2023), Dereck Rodriguez ($5.25M, 2021) and prospects Jeter Downs and George Valera to Mother Lode in exchange for Mike Clevinger ($500K, 2021), Tommy Pham ($6.5M, 2021), and Derek Dietrich ($765K, 2021).

The Brewers add Clevinger to a rotation already lead by Yu Darvish and Noah Syndergaard, while adding the well rounded offensive game of Pham to the middle of the order and getting a useful utility bat in Dietrich.

For the Argonauts part, they add a young SP still 2 years away from arbitration and two star potential prospects in Downs and Valera.

Good working with you Matt.  And thanks for dealing with all the craziness of my schedule this week.
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Re: Brewer and Argonauts strike a big deal

Reply #1
Argonauts confirm.

Great working with you, Brandon! Good luck with your season. I'll be coming for you in the not to distant future.

No problem working around your schedule. I fully support the creation of high quality beer and  beer-making/distributing facilities. And puppies, puppies are good too.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
I fully support puppies and beer as well!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
CO confirms.
David
Phoenix Miners