Skip to main content
Topic: Pitching, Pitching. Pitching!!!! (Read 651 times) previous topic - next topic

Pitching, Pitching. Pitching!!!!

Hi guys,

Free Agency has been fun as always, but we are getting to the point where the pitching is getting thin, so I thought I would highlight a couple of players that could really give your team a boost and are available.

As I am in rebuild mode, Zack Wheeler is on the market. He's a 2021 expiring contact at 8.25M which put him in the range of free agents without the worry of getting stuck with his contract down the road. He's an EX starter giving you 177 quality innings. While his 4.02 ERA seems a bit pedestrian, as usual with Wheeler and deeper dive into his stats tells you he's a better pitcher than that. His low walks and 55% GB rate makes for a very helpful pitcher for your playoff run.

If your looking for a closer it doesn't get better than lefty Josh Hader. His strikeouts nearly 2 an inning and just absolutely locks you in for a win with his dominant stuff.  Plus he's just entered his first year of Arbitration this year so you'll have him under control til 2023 and this year he only makes 2M which is quite a bit cheaper than the top of the market closers.

I also have other starting pitching innings fillers and quality bullpen arms if you're looking for that sort of thing. Check out my roster and see if there's anything you like and need.

I'm primarily looking for pre-arbitration major league players with upside, but will look at picks and prospects as well (though I have limited space in the minor league roster). I also have a lot of cap space so I can definitely help make the financials work if you are up against the salary cap but obviously prefer shorter term contacts.

Message me on the board or email me at thebuland@gmail.com.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts