Skip to main content
Topic: Familiar Friends - Bums and Argos match up again (Read 986 times) previous topic - next topic

Familiar Friends - Bums and Argos match up again

The Bako Bums have acquired ace Closer Josh Hader ($2.0M/ARB1) in exchange for 2B Brandon Lowe ($500K/Rookie).

Hard to give up one of my "finds", but for the top reliever in the game . . . . you have to give to get.

Good dealing with you again Matt.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Re: Familiar Friends - Bums and Argos match up again

Reply #1
Argonauts confirm and appreciate the good baseball discussion along with the trade talk.

Sad to see Hader go myself. Stuck by him when they shifted him to the bullpen. Boy was a I disappointed and boy was a I wrong cause he became the best in the league. But I'm excited to see what Lowe can do. An ideal fit for my lineup and a exciting to player to see grow.

I'm trying to do the math for how long we've known each other, Brendt. Gotta be over 20 years. It's always been good to work with you and I look forward to working with you for 20 more.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
Wow!  Hadn't thought about how long we've known each other, but I'm guessing you're probably correct.  Way back on the Dodger boards, eh?  Been competing in DMB leagues since, what . . . 2004?

Still remember with fondness The Bulander Thread every winter.  Tim Dierkes before there was a Tim Dierkes!
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions

Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #3
Man, that brings back some fond memories. I loved doing it. I event talked to a college friend about creating a website to do it but I lazed out and Tim capitalized. LOL!

I was in college 98-03 and that's when I think I connected with the boards. Lots of good dudes that I lost contact with from those days. Glad Sim has kept us connected.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #4
Sounds like about the same time I got involved with the Dodger board too.  We have lost contact with many of those guys from the boards.  Precious few of us who have been able to keep touch in other ways.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions

Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #5
Get a room!

CO confirms.
David