Skip to main content
Topic: Aug. 4-7 (Read 715 times) previous topic - next topic

Aug. 4-7

Thanks to Rod for pinch hitting for me.  Let's finish this round of GIG tonight.

Game Highlights - Aug. 4th

~  ACL's win streak ends at the hands of Lakeview; specifically the right hand of Rougarou ace, Justin Verlander.  The Cy Young hopeful pitches a complete game four hitter, allowing a single run and striking out 12.

~  Extra inning affairs in Hawaiian, Detroit and Pittsburgh, but only the Hammers walk off courtesy of Paul Goldschmidt's 10 inning leadoff homer.  Bako bests the Maniax, 4-2 in Detroit, and New York dispatches the Badgers, 6-5 in Pittsburgh.

Game Highlights - Aug, 5th

~ Pretty "Meh" night...

~ The ACL's lost their second in a row, so I guess that's a highlight for 19 of the 20 teams . . . right...

Game Highlights - Aug. 6th

~ No Jason, I will not give game control back to Rod...

Game Highlights - Aug. 7th

~ Under any circumstances...  (Hey, I've lost three in a row since taking back control as well!)

~  Ann Arbor breaks out the whoopin' sticks on River City with a 12-3 blistering.  The Rattlers Justus Sheffield is the hard luck loser, giving up six runs, ALL unearned thanks to errors.

~  Grants Pass pounds out 16 hits, including four home runs, on their way to their own blowout, an 11-5 victory over New York.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009