Skip to main content
Topic: Rougarou Waive 2 (Read 809 times) previous topic - next topic

Rougarou Waive 2

Rougarou want to waive 2 MiL and grab 2 more darts

Waiving: Brent Rooker & Taylor Ward
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Re: Rougarou Waive 2

Reply #1
Processed in database
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #2
The Arizona Koi submit a waiver claim on both Brett Rooker OF and Taylor Ward OF

Commissioners- I just re-read the rules.  Apparently both would have to be given major league contracts.  I would like to rescind these claims if possible..  
(were posted for a few min)
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #3
The Arizona Koi submit a waiver claim on both Brett Rooker OF and Taylor Ward OF

Commissioners- I just re-read the rules.  Apparently both would have to be given major league contracts.  I would like to rescind these claims if possible..  
(were posted for a few min)

Jim, where did you see that?  I believe our rules say, "Any team can claim a player by posting a “claim” on the applicable player message board thread within 72 hours of the waiver. After the 72 hour period has expired, the team with the highest waiver priority signs the player for the remaining term and dollar amount of the contract. A minor league player is simply transferred to the claiming team’s minor league roster."

So while Ward was a relegated player (and would need to go to your major league roster), Rooker was a prospect and could be claimed.

It's always possible we have a conflict in our rules, but I couldn't find it when I looked.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #4
They have both exceeded the amounts to keep them in the minors for next season.  I guess I should have said I have to promote them
 before next season.  No sense in taking them then..........
Unsure what "regulated" means in this context.  Ward was also on their minor league roster.
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #5
Relegated means that Ward already had a major league contract and had been demoted (or relegated) to the minors during the offseason.  So if you took him, he would start costing you salary upon the successful waiver.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #6
Hmmm no contract date or dollar amount in the waiver notice.............another reason to not want him.
Can I not take these guys?   You didnt say either way.  I would imagine I dont have to take Ward because that info was not provided as needed.
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #7
Yes, I have no issue with that. 
David
Phoenix Miners