Skip to main content
Topic: Players Available (Read 566 times) previous topic - next topic

Players Available

The Kraken are going hard into their rebuild phase. Taking that into consideration, I have some players a competing team might want for this season:
   * J T Realmuto ($8.5M, ARB3) is arguably the best catcher in the league with 4.4 fWAR this season.
   * Gio Urshela is in the final year of his $4.5M contract. He provides AV defense at both 3B and SS and could help someone with a hole to fill at fewer $'s than a FA might cost you freeing up money for you to spend elsewhere.
   *  Andrew Benintendi ($3.5M, ARB2) slashed 276/324/442 and hits LHP as well or better than RHP. He also provides very good defense in LF and has another year of arbitration eligibility.
   * Josh Taylor ($1.75M, 2022) is a quality LH relief pitcher with an 11.9 K/9 this season and a HR/9 of only 0.4 pitching to a 2.83 FIP in 47 2/3 innings this season.
   * I could be tempted to deal Jack Flaherty ($1M/ARB1) but it would take a special offer. Injury limited him to 78 1/3 IP this season but they are still quality innings. The price will be high since he still has 2 years of team control after this season.

I've gotten to the point in this process that it will be difficult to field a team if I deal some of these guys away. I might be looking for some AB/IP back in return but they don't have to be high quality...just someone to play this season. Think Niko Goodrum on the Tigers the last couple of years filling a spot until Baez comes along.

Best way to reach me is email at dan@danmaloycpa.com. I'm in the office from 9 to 9 (Eastern) most days now and I do most my dealing from the office.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken