Skip to main content
Topic: On The Run, Volume 1- Number 13 (Read 1570 times) previous topic - next topic

On The Run, Volume 1- Number 13

I wouldn't say I'm superstitious, I don't see 13 as an unlucky number. I do believe in doing things the same way, more out of habit than anything. Right sock, right pant leg goes on first, stuff like that.

On with my original thoughts of the season so far. I think each owner has their own expectations of the season when it begins. I expected my pitching to struggle and my offense to be okay at times. Just need to be close and get the ball to my bullpen, the strength of my team. A 0-5 start though was a little unexpected. We put one in the win column as we hit the road, actually the second game on the trip. Hopefully when return, the confines will be a little more friendly.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: On The Run, Volume 1- Number 13

Reply #1
I wouldn't say I'm superstitious, I don't see 13 as an unlucky number. I do believe in doing things the same way, more out of habit than anything. Right sock, right pant leg goes on first, stuff like that.

On with my original thoughts of the season so far. I think each owner has their own expectations of the season when it begins. I expected my pitching to struggle and my offense to be okay at times. Just need to be close and get the ball to my bullpen, the strength of my team. A 0-5 start though was a little unexpected. We put one in the win column as we hit the road, actually the second game on the trip. Hopefully when return, the confines will be a little more friendly.
With most of my sims (probably 10-12 once the 25-man rosters were in), my Asterisks started at a.350-.400 W-L pace for the first 30-40 games of the season.  Then they'd go on a tear and finish second to the Dogs around game #100 (I don't usually sim beyond 80-100 games, just because I know a lot of teams employ half-time pitchers and hitters).  So starting out 13-20 was a usual sight for me.  DMB is weird like that.  But it also says something about the strength of the Montoya, as most of the early games are against my division.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion