Skip to main content
Topic: Looking to rebuild! (Read 1144 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking to rebuild!

I've been going back and forth on what to do with this season.  With the recent trades I think it's time to more seriously explore a rebuild.  All my 2017 guys are on the block which includes Paul Goldschmidt, Neil Walker, Hunter Pence, Pedro Alvarez and Nick Hundley as well as 2018 players such as Jhonny Cueto as well as some good relievers.  Remember that this time of year they are half priced so that may help you get the contract in a little more.

Goldschmidt (2M/2017) has an .899 OPS in 579 at bats and while the power was off a bit his on base skills are amazing.  He's an amazing player but probably to pricey for me to resign next year.

Walker (5.5M/2017) had quite a year at 2b.  He had an overall .823 OPS in 412 at bats are pretty darn good especially at 2b.  But it's his work against lefties that's particularly impressive and where I have used him the most this year.  His 1.001 OPS is staggering!

Pence (3.6M/2017) had a pretty good year himself but it went under the radar.  I think it's probably due to all the injuries over the last year.  He put up an .808 OPS in 395 at bats with his power coming versus lefties (.496 slugging) and his on base skill versus righties (.371 obp).

Pedro Alvarez (1.5M/2017) is a nice platoon guy for 3b or DH.  He's a righty killer with an OPS of .848 versus righties.  Use him right and he can help alot.  In fact he's been one of my best offensive players versus righties in Mutiny this year.

Nick Hundley (250K/2017)is the sneakiest player of the bunch.  The Catcher surprised with some really good numbers in 2016 with .759 OPS in 289 at bats.  I've used him mostly against lefties where he carries a .923 OPS. 

Seth Smith (2.25M/2017) comes to the Nomads from the Sweets in a recent move.  He is a serviceable corner outfielder who has a .782 OPS versus righties.

Albert Pujols (6M/2017) also comes to the Nomads from the Sweets.  He has a very useable .780 OPS combined with .811 versus lefties and a .770 OPS versus righties.

Jhonny Cueto (8M/2018) had himself quite a 2016.  He dominated with a 2.79 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 219 innings.  He'd fit right up at the top of the rotation and has the potential to knock down some of those big bats that other teams have been acquiring.

I'm also willing to move some relievers which often are the last piece of the puzzle for teams looking to make a run.

Ryan Madsen had a good year and is signed till 2018 and having a terrific real life season as well. Javier Baez is a similar player in that he has really nice numbers for Mutiny this year and will be even better next year.  They both have easy to bring in contracts at 2.5M and 1.25M respectively.

I'm willing to talk about any player if the price is right.  I'm short on picks so that's an area I would be interested in and I love me some prospects so that's definitely where you'll probably sell me.  Dumping a little future salary is something I'd be interested in as well.

Email me at thebuland@gmail.com or text me at 916-508-1435.  Just introduce yourself so I know who you are.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts