Skip to main content
Topic: On The Run, Volume 1- Number 7 (Read 1563 times) previous topic - next topic

On The Run, Volume 1- Number 7

Well this free agency thing has been a frenzy. Well organized and a lot of activity from an assortment of owners. I haven't taken a headcount, but I think almost all have placed a bid. This is the way it should be.

Week 1 appears to be headlined by the Aces of the pitching market. A couple of top relief pitchers sprinkled in there and position players as well. Nominations have continued and have overflowed week 2 is filled and spilling into week 3. More pitching on the market, but the quantity of the quality arms available will begin to decline.

My Chiefs were knocked out of the tonight by the Pittsburgh Steelers. I know this is a baseball league, and so my shift will be completely towards baseball. I will watch the remaining playoff games, but it will be casually watching as my vested interest has wained.

Happy Bidding ya'll!
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: On The Run, Volume 1- Number 7

Reply #1
As a lifelong Seahawks fan, I too find myself entirely focused on baseball after this weekend. 
As a lifelong loather of the Steelers I feel your pain.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #2
You could be a lifelong Lion's fan. Then your focus is always baseball.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #3
I have tried to be Lion's free but they always seem to suck me back in and then right my heart out every year!
Brian
Motor City Madmen