Skip to main content
Topic: Nomads and Bulldogs Make a Move (Read 1547 times) previous topic - next topic

Nomads and Bulldogs Make a Move

In an about face to the previous two trades of the last couple weeks, the Nomads added Cole Hamels to beef up their rotation with the hopes of sneaking into the playoffs.  For the Bulldogs, it was a chance to pick up some assets for a player that had earlier been a throw-in in the Carlos Santana trade.

Nomads GM Matt Buland said, "What the hell.  We're under .500 but just two games out of first.  Starting pitching has been a disaster for us this year so maybe this jump-starts the team.  We lose offense in the deal but that's easier to fix internally.  You just never know what happens once the playoffs begin."

Nomads acquire:

Hamels 9.9M/2017
Bulldogs 2017 6th rounder (6.16) previously from the Nomads

Bulldogs acquire:

Nomads 4th and 6th Round picks in 2018
Walker – 5.5M/2017
Baez – 1.5M/2018
Smith – 1.125M/2017
Alvarez - 1.5M/2017
Chavez – 250K/2017

Good working with you Brian.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Re: Nomads and Bulldogs Make a Move

Reply #1
Bulldogs agree. Great to work with you too Matt, this was a long process and I feel like we could have put together a whole team with the players we discussed over the course of it.

Additionally, the Bulldogs will need to waive some folks to get back to 40, I'll also post this on the waiver board but cutting loose of Rivera, Lind, Austin Jackson, and Delgado .
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #2
First, who is Smith? I don't show him on my database with the Nomads (actually, I can't find a player with a salary of 1.125 milion with a 2017 contract).

Also, can you include first names on the players traded too (sorry, I feel like I'm in an old man moment here)? Every player on this deal if you just search for last name in Excel has multiple players (except Hamels).
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #3
That would be

Neil Walker - 5.5M/2017
Pedro Baez - 1.5M/2018
Seth Smith - 1.125M/2017
Pedro Alvarez - 1.5M/2017
Jesse Chavez - 250K/2017
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #4
Sorry about that.  Copy and pasted from our trade discussion.  Seth Smith was acquired in a trade with the Sweets a couple weeks ago so he is only counting 1.125 against my cap.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #5
Trade Approved and Processed.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #6
processed in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs