Skip to main content
Topic: On the T"Rum"bo (Read 1327 times) previous topic - next topic

On the T"Rum"bo

While the season has been abysmal for the Rum Runners during this maiden voyage under new President of Baseball Operations, Brent Brown the whole season has not been a loss.

Management was successful in trading higher price players away for younger talent and prospects along with draft picks. Some of those players in Lance McCullers, Jr, Addison Russell, Jace Peterson and Derek Law will have already made it to the big club, while others such as Reynaldo Lopez, Blake Snell and Trey Mancini will have to wait until their September call-up and likely eventual promotion for good in 2018.

A bright spot among few is Mark Trumbo who elected to return to Chicago after testing the waters in the Free-Agent Market and he leads MSB in Home runs at 37 and RBI's at 84. Clearly he enjoys smashing balls over the green monster in Fenway Park. Trumbo was asked after a recent loss on the road to Brooklyn how he felt about leading MSB in those HR's and RBI's? "Well it's a great feat, driving in runs is my job. It's never a good thing to have more long balls than team victories at this point in the season after 97 games. The club has only won 30, but we've played better as of late and we've got help on the way and I'm looking a little bit towards 2018 as I'm not going anywhere."

The team has struggled to score runs at times as the supporting cast around Trumbo is young and still learning. The pitching needs improvement and management ensures the team leaders that they are doing what they can and have been discussing trades to improve the roster in all ways possible.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: On the T"Rum"bo

Reply #1
It has been awhile since I looked at the numbers at all for Mr. Trumbo. I peeked and saw that he hit #52 in the recent game, so I decided to check his league wide numbers.

He leads the triple crown stats of RBI and HR. HR, sure he's blasted 52 of them, but measuring RBI's is indicitive of having his teammates on base in front of him to score runs. If I recall he has 115 of those on the season with a little more than a week yet.

I don't know if he's anywhere close to the MVP conversation, but I think I need to start lobbying for him.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: On the T"Rum"bo

Reply #2
After the season I'll put together some voting like I did preseason, Trumbo will be in the discussion for sure.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs