Skip to main content
Topic: Realignment? (Read 11541 times) previous topic - next topic

Realignment?

Guys, with a little help from David and a "go ahead" from the CO to post this for discussion, what do you all think about realigning the divisions (5 teams each now) to simulate our real life locations?  Our ownership group is very solid these days (less GMs leaving year-to-year), and it's an idea I've wondered about for quite a few years.

Here's how it might look:

Sparrow League

East
Ankeny ACLs (MD)
Barbuda/Antigua Bulldogs (LA)
Brooklyn Kraken (NY)
Data City Cache Hogs (NJ)
Roxbury Robots (MA)

Central
Ann Arbor Landlubbers (MI)
Chicago Rum Runners (Chicago)
Motor City Madmen (Detroit)
Scurvy Dogs (SD)
Windy City Rattlers (Chicago)

Roberts League

Northwest
Grants Pass Brewers (OR)
North Natomas Nomads (Northern California)
River City Cutthroats (WA)
Seattle Rainiers (WA)
Walla Walla Sweets (WA)

Southwest
Arizona Asterisks (AZ)
AZ Koi (AZ)
Bako Bums (Southern California)
Bronxville Bombers (AZ)
Orange City Devils (Southern California)

Since the CO has been trying to think of ways for better participation among GMs, this *could* encourage Division rivals to get together every now and then. 

Not a hill I'm gonna die on.  We could just keep the divisions the way they are are add one expansion team to each, keeping it simple.  But let's discuss it and see what opinions are out there.

Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Realignment?

Reply #1
Picture of realignment attached.

Reply #2
Intriguing stuff Kyle.  The divisions seemed well mixed with new, old, contending and, rebuilding.  Plus any excuse to head to the brewery seems like a good idea to me.

Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #3
Actually, I'm not located in Chicago despite team name. I'm in Columbia, MO. Central division still fits.

My only real comment about this would be to look at the current competitive level of each team.
More...Quick EditQuote
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #4
Actually, I'm not located in Chicago despite team name. I'm in Columbia, MO. Central division still fits.

My only real comment about this would be to look at the current competitive level of each team.
More...Quick EditQuote

So this feels like over analysis and it probably is. Will we have the re-alignment topic solved prior to the expansion roster protection deadline?
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #5
Is anyone against realignment?
I’ll miss my rivalry against Kyle, but otherwise I don’t see any negatives to it. And I look forward to building new rivalries anyway. The Asterisks are too easy :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #6
Is anyone against realignment?
I’ll miss my rivalry against Kyle, but otherwise I don’t see any negatives to it. And I look forward to building new rivalries anyway. The Asterisks are too easy :)
Shots fired!  And as it appears, at least for 2017, you are correct, sir.  Congrats on moving onto Round 2.  Wish my boys would have put up a better fight in Round 1 so we could do H2H!  Maybe Aoki would have worked his magic again... :)

Reply #7
Ugh, don't remind me...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #8

More...Quick EditQuote

So this feels like over analysis and it probably is. Will we have the re-alignment topic solved prior to the expansion roster protection deadline?

Brent, so far all we've heard are positive (or at worst neutral) comments about realignment.  To the extent that we don't get overwhelmingly negative feedback, I don't see why we wouldn't be able to implement this by November 7.  Is that time-frame what you were looking for?
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #9
David,

That will work for me, sounds like it's a done deal.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #10
At Kyle's prompting, and because I just can't listen to anymore analysis of the World Series, here's my take.  I like it a lot.  I like the natural rivalries. 

With all these big changes, it may be time to say goodbye to the old Sparrow and Roberts Leagues.  Since we are adding a bunch of SCRUBS folks maybe we could have a league name that reflects their inclusion.  I don't have any specific ideas as it's been a few years since I was part of SCRUBS, but I think something that referenced their league would be a nice welcome.

Thoughts.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #11
Love the realignment idea!
Brian
Motor City Madmen

Reply #12
I'm good with it. That being said part of me thinks we should have a 2 team division of the Scurvy Dogs and Bulldogs as the Travelers
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #13

I am all for mixing it up.
Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #14
The realignment is fine by me. I think we can work on and discuss name changes along the way as that won't have an impact on the game play.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS