Skip to main content
Topic: On The Run, Volume 1- Number 9 (Read 1370 times) previous topic - next topic

On The Run, Volume 1- Number 9

This morning I recieved a sports updated on my phone that Yordano Ventura of the Kansas City Royals was killed in a car accident in his home of the Dominican Republic. I'll admit that I saw the update during church services. It was at an opportunity where there was no sermon being spoke or prayer being given. When the singing resumed, I sat in prayer for his family, those close to him and the Kansas City Royals family.

This death brings back the reminder of Jose Fernandez being killed in a boating accident a short four months ago. And just a few seasons ago Cardinals OF Oscar Taveras was killed as well in the Dominican Republic. Also not to be lost in this was the death of Andy Marte, former MLB player in a separate accident. To all this I say, you'll be missed.

We are all human. We are not immortal, although millions of dollars might make it appear as though we are super heroes and invincible. I've never risen from nothing to a millionaire, in fact I've never risen from a medium income to a millionaire.

To us this is just a game, to them it's a job, but it is a child's game that we love. We'll continue to love, listen and watch.

Ace, as known by some of his teammantes you'll be missed dearly. The comparisons to Pedro Martinez will now conclude. May God be with your friends, teammates, fans and most importantly your family in this time. You are not lost, you are with our father in Heaven.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)