Skip to main content
Topic: Devils Bums (Read 2555 times) previous topic - next topic

Devils Bums

Devils send Marco Estrada, 2018 $7.425M & 2nd rounder

Bums send 7th & 8th rounders, plus conditional 4th* if not used

*I think we had a similar clause a few seasons ago (I can't find the message board from back then) in a three-team transaction.  Kyle, I'm 99% sure you were part of this--we were proud of the complexity.  If the owner of the pick announces he's done or times out, the condition would kick in. 
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Re: Devils Bums

Reply #1
Devils send Marco Estrada, 2018 $7.425M & 2nd rounder

Bums send 7th & 8th rounders, plus conditional 4th* if not used

*I think we had a similar clause a few seasons ago (I can't find the message board from back then) in a three-team transaction.  Kyle, I'm 99% sure you were part of this--we were proud of the complexity.  If the owner of the pick announces he's done or times out, the condition would kick in. 
I remember the 3-team trade, indeed!  Very proud of that.  And I do remember us at least ASKING about the condition of unused picks.  Can't remember if it was granted.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
yes, Brendt asked if it would pass the CO & I forgot to add that both sides agree to the deal whether or not the kicker is approved.  I.e., the trade is non-conditional on the conditional pick.  ^_^

I remember the 3-team trade, indeed!  Very proud of that.  And I do remember us at least ASKING about the condition of unused picks.  Can't remember if it was granted.
HGH fka theOCD

Reply #3
As long as the CO approves, the Bums approve.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #4
CO confirms, generally.  We're still talking about the conditional pick.  I don't recall that issue in the past.  We did okay trades like this one: http://www.msbsim.com/forum/index.php?topic=490.0 but those weren't conditional.

Give us another day or so. 
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #5
Guys, unless you can point back to that trade, I don't think we're going to allow the conditional pick.  I can't recall us every allowing it in the past.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #6
no worries.  I did a quick search over the wknd but couldn't find it. 

7 & 8 are fine

play ball! 
HGH fka theOCD

Reply #7
Shane, I think its possible the 32 of us GMs discussed the idea while in trade-talks, but in the end decided not to include it in the official trade.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #8
A 32 team trade . . . Now THAT’S gotta be complicated!
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #10
trade processed in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs