Mutiny Simulation Baseball

2020 Season => Waiver Wire => Waivers Reviewed => Topic started by: Scurvy Dogs on January 10, 2020, 11:16:19 PM

Title: Dogs waive
Post by: Scurvy Dogs on January 10, 2020, 11:16:19 PM
Carl Edwards Jr
2020/$250k

If he goes unclaimed I guess slide him onto my minor league squad for now
Title: Re: Dogs waive
Post by: Kyle on January 13, 2020, 09:08:38 AM
Is Edwards an inaugural contract?  He's already been moved to your minors squad, but that'd be good info in case I want to claim him.
Post by: David Johnson on January 13, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
He is.  I only do that because it's easier for me and I don't later forget to do it.  Players rarely get claimed.
Post by: Kyle on January 14, 2020, 12:09:35 PM
OK Thanks.  I thought about claiming Edwards, but I'll pass.

Hey, when you place them on the NRO during the 3-day time to claim a player, can you put an asterisk or something by the name to denote they're on a rookie contract?  If I wanted to claim Edwards, I would have waited until I logged back in again - the timing of these can be tricky sometimes...
Post by: Scurvy Dogs on January 14, 2020, 12:22:05 PM
Kyle - you can have Edwards if you want him...
He’s R4 so you could offer him arbitration too
Post by: David Johnson on January 14, 2020, 07:05:43 PM
OK Thanks.  I thought about claiming Edwards, but I'll pass.

Hey, when you place them on the NRO during the 3-day time to claim a player, can you put an asterisk or something by the name to denote they're on a rookie contract?  If I wanted to claim Edwards, I would have waited until I logged back in again - the timing of these can be tricky sometimes...

Kyle,

In the notes section, it says "Promoted 01/17..."  Promoted means he's on the rookie contract.