Mutiny Simulation Baseball

League Office => Captain's Quarters => Topic started by: Bob Miller on August 15, 2023, 09:28:42 AM

Title: Future Consideration Trades
Post by: Bob Miller on August 15, 2023, 09:28:42 AM
Hello

Are trades that involve "A Player to Be Named Later" allowed ?    Or just a trade for future considerations and then in the next "fiscal year" so to speak the same two teams make another trade that satisfies the terms of their initial deal.     
Title: Re: Future Consideration Trades
Post by: Kyle on August 16, 2023, 12:59:55 PM
Interesting question. Just bumping it up so a CO can respond. By the way the current rules are constructed, I don't think this is allowed. But the idea is worthy of discussion at least.
Post by: thebuland on August 16, 2023, 01:30:57 PM
Seems like there could be some cap manipulation in doing this. Just my two cents.
Post by: Bob Miller on August 16, 2023, 01:38:18 PM
Example:
I a non-competing team this year trades a good player to team - B for a token minimal salary player this year.    Next year after minor league roster moves and such we make another trade in that team -B trades the hot prospect to me for a nominal draft pick swap in his favor, say a 9th for a 10th round.    Something of tangible value exchanged teams in both trades.    I would be at the mercy of Team B that they would honor our overall trade agreement to make the second part of our bargain happen.   As long as I am willing  to accept that risk why not.    OK within the parameters of the league ???.