Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Most Valuable Player (Read 2792 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Most Valuable Player

It seems that nearly every season in MSB we have at least one player that was in the top 10 in all three triple crown categories.  Not so in 2018.  In fact, not a single hitter who cracked the top 10 in batting average had his name appear in EITHER the RBI top 10, nor in Home Runs.  That point makes the job of the person putting up names for the 2018 MSB MVP quite a bit more difficult, because among our 20 GMs, we all tend to value certain stats higher than others. 

Rather than try to count how many times a player appeared in the top ten in the major categories (which I did, by the way, but it didn’t help me see a clear winner), I’m going to list whom I believe to be the top 6 most valuable players in MSB in 2018.  I encourage you to look up the numbers for yourself. 

As with the CY, a write-in option is provided.  Please select "write-in" and use the comments section to name your player.  Poll closes in 7 days.  Once you vote, you'll be able to view others who voted before you.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: 2018 Most Valuable Player

Reply #1
Very tough call, nice seeing two Dogs make the final list :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Robots vote for Judge. 64 HRs and 149 RBI. Yikes.

Reply #3
Write-in for Corey Kluber.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #4
I wanted to do the homer thing and vote for Jose Ramirez but voted for Judge instead.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #5
Robots vote for Judge. 64 HRs and 149 RBI. Yikes.
For me, as impressive as those numbers are - and wouldn't all of us love to have Judge on our team? - I voted for Ramirez.  The all-around stats for him just blow my mind. 

Reply #6
For me, as impressive as those numbers are - and wouldn't all of us love to have Judge on our team? - I voted for Ramirez.  The all-around stats for him just blow my mind. 

I was surprised when I saw Ramierez' SLG% was higher than Judge's.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #7
I was surprised when I saw Ramierez' SLG% was higher than Judge's.
Yep - 32 MORE total bases than Judge.  Dude just keeps the rallies going.  11% K rate???  Yes please.

Reply #9
Congrats to the Cache Hogs!  Aaron Judge, winner of the MSB MVP.