Skip to main content
Topic: The New Names Make a Real Big Deal (Read 1438 times) previous topic - next topic

The New Names Make a Real Big Deal

Blues trade Trevor Story (250K/2020), Khris Davis (5.25M/2019) and Daniel Murphy (7M/2020) to the Argonauts for Chris Sale (16.2M/2019), Whit Merrifield (700K/2019) and Eugenio Suarez (250K/2019 Arbitiration elligible).

Didn't see this one coming but I'm excited about the deal.  Always appreciate the fun trade talk Kyle. 

Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Re: The New Names Make a Real Big Deal

Reply #1
Blues confirm.

Like Matt, I didn't see this coming either.  Matt asked me if Story was available, and I laughed out loud, texting, literally, "Bwahahahahaaa!!! No."  48 hours later, here we are.  Eugenio's numbers and team control had a lot to do with changing my mind.  And I don't know about the rest of you, but one year of Whit Merrifield vs. one year of Khris Davis regardless of price tag (but assume a 2019 contract), and which one do you favor?  For my taste and for how I generally build my teams, I like Merrifield, so long as the rest of my lineup fills out correctly.  And then there's this guy named Sale...
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
Good grief...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #3
Tell me about it.  Why does our division have to keep getting better?
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #4
Well . . . MOST are getting better.  I know one team for sure that is staring down the barrel of a 100 loss season.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #5
trade processed in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs