Skip to main content
Topic: Game Inside the Game - Important Notes/Plans (Read 2814 times) previous topic - next topic

Game Inside the Game - Important Notes/Plans

Gents, I've been yacking with the CO this week about having an added incentive to playing GIG-2019.  They unanimously agree with a proposal I put forward.  But it's technically a rule change, and we'd all like your input before it would become official.

The idea: The winner (and 2nd and 3rd place finishers) get supplemental (between rounds) draft picks in the following season's minor league draft:
  • The points leader of GIG-2019 on July 1 gets a supplemental pick after round 4 (call it 4.21) in the 2019 MiL draft.
  • Then, the top 3 GIG-2019 finishers at season's end get supplemental picks after round 4 (1st place), 5 (2nd place), and 6 (3rd place) in the 2020 draft.

What are your thoughts on this, everyone?  Keep in mind, the first bullet point rule is just to give a prize for the first season of GIG, since otherwise, the prizes don't come until 16 months from now.  Otherwise, in future years, no "mid-season" prize is awarded.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Game Inside the Game - Important Notes/Plans

Reply #1
Just to be clear, how does one get a point?
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #2
I'm fine with this. It will be one more pick I can trade away after I win.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #3
By answering a prediction question correctly.

Reply #4
Soounds good to me.  It's just one more pick of Dan's I can trade for after I lose.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #5
I'm in. 

I trade my picks too man!
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #6
That seems logical.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #7
Sounds good to me!
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #8
Brian, I was multi-tasking when I answered this the last time, so let me elaborate. 

The plan is that every two weeks, I'll put together a list of prediction questions. Rod will have paused the games long enough to give every GM time to answer the questions.  Then he'll begin simming games again, and after two weeks, we'll tabulate the answers and points, and post a new set of questions.

Questions will be something like (for example) "Mike Trout has hit a home run in each of his last 4 games.  Will he hit another home run in his next game?"  Most questions are worth one point. 

Reply #9
Fine with me
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #10
I guess i am game
Ed

Windy City Rattlers

Baseball 365

Reply #12
4th, 5th and 6th rounds, huh..  With the limit on the number of minor leaguers, its hard to have that many "roster spots" 
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #13
4th, 5th and 6th rounds, huh..  With the limit on the number of minor leaguers, its hard to have that many "roster spots" 
I considered that.  But we don't really want a "just for fun" way to keep tabs on the regular season to be TOO impactful on team building.  But also, there are some pretty awesome names that have come from those rounds in the past. 

Reply #14
Plus it can be modified in the future if we deem those rewards aren't worth the time investment. Like everything else, this can be a fluid decision.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs