Skip to main content
Topic: RAINIERS _ Jon Lester - SP - $1.5M/2022 (Read 1855 times) previous topic - next topic

RAINIERS _ Jon Lester - SP - $1.5M/2022

Please post your bids here.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: Jon Lester - SP

Reply #1
Brian
Motor City Madmen

Reply #2
Kraken bid $500k
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #3
$1.5M
Don Antonelli
SEATTLE RAINIERS

Reply #4
Closed to the Rainiers
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: RAINIERS _ Jon Lester - SP

Reply #5
1.5/2022
Don Antonelli
SEATTLE RAINIERS

Re: RAINIERS _ Jon Lester - SP

Reply #6
Is this supposed to be a 2 year contract? If so, wouldn't it be $1.8M?
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Re: RAINIERS _ Jon Lester - SP - $1.5M/2022

Reply #7
2022 is a three-year contract. 2020, 2021, and 2022.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #8
Sorry about that. I get so confused by the difference between the MSB year and the actual year. I thought I also saw Seattle's contract on Maldonado going through 2023 and thought it meant this one was meant to be shorter.

Just ignore me...  :)
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #9
Oh believe me, Dan, you're not the only one.  I can't count how many times I've emailed the CO to ask questions about salary years and arbitration years.  Coming from a non-salary cap league for 14 years prior to rejoining MSB this has been my steepest learning curve.  I still have to take a few seconds to think things through in terms of salary years and such.

I finally put together a COT's type salary and payroll tracker so I can try and keep straight my own teams budget and contract years.  That seems to have helped, but even that took some tweaking and questions to the CO.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #10
Sorry about that. I get so confused by the difference between the MSB year and the actual year. I thought I also saw Seattle's contract on Maldonado going through 2023 and thought it meant this one was meant to be shorter.

Just ignore me...  :)

David and Darrell will probably get mad at me for saying this...

But every offseason I ask the same thing (at least I think Dan you’re saying the same thing). I think we should reduce everyone’s contract year by one. A 1 year contract signed this offseason should be a 2019 contract, not a 2020 contract. Yes we’ll sim the season in 2020, but his stats were accumulated in 2019.

But it would be a huge undertaking in the salary file. I completely understand that. Yikes...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #11
But every offseason I ask the same thing (at least I think Dan you’re saying the same thing).

That's my confusion.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #12
While we are using 2019 statistics, we certainly aren't recreating 2019.  We've constructed our own rosters with our own team identities so it makes the most sense to speak about the season (year) in the actual year we are conducting our season.  So in my eyes, we are clearly in the 2020 season.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #13
But every offseason I ask the same thing (at least I think Dan you’re saying the same thing).

I don't think Dan is saying the same thing.  By saying, "Is this supposed to be a 2 year contract? If so, wouldn't it be $1.8M?" in response to a post of "1.5/2022", Dan was confusing 2020 with 2021, not 2020 with 2019.  This was a reaction to a mistake by Don that Maldonado was to be signed through 2023, which was just a mistake.

Frankly, I don't care what year we use in DMB itself.  I can change the spreadsheet easily.  That said, in my opinion, the current date system makes sense.  Except for the stats we use, everything tracks the real world.  Our upcoming season is the 2020 season, we are playing for the 2020 championship and contracts can be signed from 2020 up through 2022.  Aside from some confusion being introduced into the database in the 2017 and 2018 seasons (cough... Rod... cough..., we had always tracked the current year in the database.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #14
I want him to be saying the same thing!!!
Help a brother out here

:)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs