Skip to main content
Topic: 2021 Season Update (Read 5450 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2021 Season Update

Reply #15
Thanks for settling this today. No easy answer but I think this is a fair result.

Curious when the 30 man kicks in?
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #16
For anyone interested, I got the answer to my question. The 30 man kicks in now.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #18
I've updated all the draft picks on the "Upcoming Draft" sheet on the rosters where I merged the records from both seasons and then accounted for all past trades.  Should be current, but please let me know if you see a mistake.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #19
I am a little behind here as winter has been crazy for myself and the family but should I be purchasing the 2020 Annual Season Database that is 60 Game Edition or the 162 Game Prorated Edition?
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #20
I am a little behind here as winter has been crazy for myself and the family but should I be purchasing the 2020 Annual Season Database that is 60 Game Edition or the 162 Game Prorated Edition?
Coy, grab the pro-rated 162-game edition.  We're using that this year.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #21
Aren't we using the projection disk?
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #22

We are.  Coy, disregard Kyle.  (It's easy to do!)  This is what we are using: https://diamond-mind.com/collections/projection-seasons/products/2020-projection-season-zips

If you bought something else, no worries.  Just send me your purchase number and I'll figure it out with DMB.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #23
ok, this is what I was asking as well.  So the two pieces of software we need are this proj, $14.95 & the new v12, $29.95. 

Thanks,
Sh

We are.  Coy, disregard Kyle.  (It's easy to do!)  This is what we are using: https://diamond-mind.com/collections/projection-seasons/products/2020-projection-season-zips

If you bought something else, no worries.  Just send me your purchase number and I'll figure it out with DMB.
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #24
ok, this is what I was asking as well.  So the two pieces of software we need are this proj, $14.95 & the new v12, $29.95. 

Thanks,
Sh

You don't actually need v12 this year.  We're still running a v11 database.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #25

Bah! That's what I meant!!! (I read "projection" in my head when you wrote "prorated".)  DMB is offering a pro-rated 162 game database??  I didn't even know that. Sorry Coy.  I thought they were only offering a projection disk and a 60-game disk.

Reply #26
No worries, Kyle! Through my resources I figured out I needed the project disk.

Yeah I am curious about what the prorated 162 game disk would be.
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #27
the prog won't install the 2020 proj .alt file, says it needs v12.  Has anyone been able to get v11 to accept the proj file? 

You don't actually need v12 this year.  We're still running a v11 database.
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #28
The minor league draft has discussed at length the last couple months. Unfortunately there isn’t a perfect solution #thankscovid

So we’ve made the decision to cancel the entire 2020 minor league draft and move forward with a “normal” draft in 2021.

I believe we need to allow all 2020 MLB drafted and January internationally signed players that would normally be allowed for the draft to be eligible regardless of MSB draft status (ABs or IP).

One player comes to mind, but there could be others and we would shouldn't push them to 2022 FA because we didn't have a minor league draft given two different opportunities.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #29
I believe we need to allow all 2020 MLB drafted and January internationally signed players that would normally be allowed for the draft to be eligible regardless of MSB draft status (ABs or IP).

One player comes to mind, but there could be others and we would shouldn't push them to 2022 FA because we didn't have a minor league draft given two different opportunities.
I agree with this.  Simply stated, were it adopted as a temporary rule: "Any ABs or IPs accumulated in the 60-game 2020 season will not be counted against a player's MSB draft eligibility."