Skip to main content
Topic: 2021 Season Update (Read 5451 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2021 Season Update

Reply #30
I was thinking across the board for that block of players.

All others would be subject to the rules and 2020 stats counting.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #31
I guess I'm not following - is the reason because a player drafted in 2020 but who then had IP or AB in 2020 wouldn't appear on the projection disk?
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #32
For me it just makes sense that since we didn't have a draft in 2020, we should at least consider the type of rule I quoted.  Seems like if we just eliminate the stats from a short season it would be easy for us to comprehend.  But if the CO is thinking we don't need/want a rule like that, that's cool. 
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #33
I guess I'm not following - is the reason because a player drafted in 2020 but who then had IP or AB in 2020 wouldn't appear on the projection disk?

Nothing to do with the projection disk.

We didn't have a draft and no player from the 2020 MLB Draft should be pushed to 2022 FA because of the timing of our Minors draft and the MLB Season by expiring their MSB Minors eligiblity.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #34
Nothing to do with the projection disk.

We didn't have a draft and no player from the 2020 MLB Draft should be pushed to 2022 FA because of the timing of our Minors draft and the MLB Season by expiring their MSB Minors eligiblity.

I think I understand where this is going or coming from. I would agree with Brent's premise that a player that was drafted in real life in the 2020 MLB Draft could start to play in the majors this year, and by the time the minor league draft is held in our league, that player would be ineligible to be draft in our minor league draft, since they will have surpassed the playing time limit to be drafted. I agree with him that this is a problem.

Maybe it should be as simple as saying that any player that was drafted in the 2020 MLB Draft is eligible to be drafted in the 2021 minor league draft, regardless of how much he has played in the majors in 2021. I would say the same goes for J2 international signings, but I don't think there's any realistic way that any of them are in the majors in 2021. I can't imagine this would affect many players, but given the wackiness of 2020, I don't think this change for this year's minor league draft would be problematic.

Of course, this is all based on if I understand Brent's concern correctly, and I don't always trust myself there. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #35
All,

After discussion, we've come up with the following to address the continued weirdness that is the 2020 MLB season (and 2021 MSB season):

1. Statistics on the projection disk control.  Therefore, guys like Dom Nunez or Wyatt Mathisen who "exhausted" their rookie eligibility in the projection disk are available in free agency.

2. Players who were drafted in the 2020 minor league draft will be eligible for the 2021 minor league draft regardless of whether they have already accrued or will accrue MLB time prior to the draft.  This will ensure that the 160 players who were selected last year will still remain eligible for rookie contracts in MSB.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #36
I keep getting an error when I try and upload the new database....saying ERROR in year (11)?   I have version 12

JT
I know I was born and I know that I'll die..the in between is mine

Reply #37
John, we are still using version 11 this year.  I don't think we're switching to v12 until next season.  I think David can send you what's needed to remedy that...?
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #38
Can David send me it??  sportsvival@gmail.com
I know I was born and I know that I'll die..the in between is mine