Skip to main content
Topic: 2022 Rule Changes (Read 717 times) previous topic - next topic

2022 Rule Changes

Note that the CO is still discussing one more potential rule change, but I wanted to get these out since they are done.

Rulebook Cleanup
1.   I’ve removed a reference to the defensive matrix that previously existed in the rulebook as we no longer use that matrix.
2.   I’ve clarified how we would treat multiple ties in silent auction bidding.  Two ties has never happened in MSB history, but we just wanted to be clear how we would address two consecutive ties if it did happen.

Realignment
I will stress that this change isn’t intended to target Brandon (who crushed my team, beat his brother’s team and took the ACL to seven games despite a losing record), but we’ve decided to eliminate the divisional structure and go with two leagues (East and West) of 10 teams.  We think this will make the league more competitive and also do a better job of rewarding the best teams in the league.  We considered going to a single league where everyone plays everyone else 8 games, but didn’t want to get too crazy.  To compensate for the different league size, we would also move to a schedule where teams in each league play each other 11 times and play teams in the other league a total of 6 times.

HTD
We’ve expanded the HTD so that it will also apply to players who play for at least 3 years for a single team even if that team did not promote or sign that player.  This basically equalizes the HTD if a player is traded for in years 1 through 3 of their original contract (and then play 3+ years with their new team) with players who are signed as free agents.

Draft Slots
We are adding 2 hour draft slots for round 1 of the minor league draft.

Salary Offset Rule
We have renamed Injury Settlements to Salary Offsets and are now allowing teams to obtain a 50% salary offset for players who are suspended for 70% or more games in a season.  In the opinion of the CO, it seems unreasonable for our owners to be 100% held responsible when a player is suspended – it’s a decision made by that player’s MLB team who themselves can avoid paying salary to suspended players.  Seems reasonable to allow our teams to obtain similar relief.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: 2022 Rule Changes

Reply #1
This all looks good.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Re: 2022 Rule Changes

Reply #2
Sounds good to me. I heard to disc came out today as well. Merry Christmas!!!
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts