Skip to main content
Topic: Round 7  (Read 1361 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 7

Reply #15
My Great Auk is a B Group team for this poll as less than 350 runs scored,  (only the hapless Kraken scored less than the Auk.  The Koi are fourth least so there is something about ocean dwelling creatures as team logos in this league that impairs run scoring)  That matches me up with the ACL's in the Landis league and the #4 team in the Frick so the Dogs.    

My team:   B Buxton
Cross league team:  J Soto
Same league mirror:  Ohtani
WC 1 - Vlad G
WC 2 - Jose Ramirez

Question:     What if an owner of one of these teams or any team owner decides to bench a player due to playing time limits and this player was picked in the poll ?     Re-pick or SOL ?       
SOL, I'm afraid. No good way to know if a team owner is suddenly going to bench a player worthy of this list. As long as we pick players with stats that aren't close to, say, 80% PTL time, and I think we'll be fine.

That's a good list you've got there, Bob. Solid.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #16
Overly complicated, kinda confusing, massive chance of failure for a lot of teams - I love it...

My team: Ohtani and Schwarber
Cross team (Rum Runners): Freeman
Mirror (Madmen): Baez
Wild Card: Vlad
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #17
Son of a...
I jacked up my cross team and mirror as I sorted by RF to make sure what group I was in. Plus the mirror I really jacked up as I did cross-league not same league. So let's try this again!

My team: Ohtani and Schwarber
Cross team (Rum Runners): Freeman
Mirror (Auk): Buxton
Wild Card: Vlad

Actually, somehow my cross team was still the Rum Runners. Thats crazy how that worked out.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #18
Group A:

Freeman
Edman
Ohtani (Scurvy Dogs)
Buxton (Auk) Yuli Gurriel (Rougarou)
Tim Anderson (Rattlers)

Reading is hard, I chose Auk as mirror in the other league instead of Rougarou in my own league.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #19
I'm barely in group A

Turner & Goldschmidt, Devers on Argos, Hernandez on Sweets, Vlad of course

Wow glad the other managers discussed their choices so that I realized my error. 

Soto on ACLs #4
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #20
1) Teoscar Hernandez
2) Juan Soto
3) Rafael Devers
4) Vlad Guerrero
5) Matt Olson
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #21
GIG R7 is closed.

Reply #22
Answers:

Sorry guys, this kind of a question is way to hard to post answers here. I will tell you though, wow, I thought the points in this round would be way higher than they were. Check out the tallies on the GIG spreadsheet.

And, as always, please double-check my tallies.