Skip to main content
Topic: Sept 5-7 (Read 306 times) previous topic - next topic

Sept 5-7

Series Highlights

~ I'll give you three guesses who the first team to clinch the postseason this year is, and if you need the second two chances . . . where exactly have you been the past five-plus months?  The Dakota's...  Santa Ana takes two out of three from Lakeview and clinches the KML Conference title.  After dropping game one in extras, Winds pitching holds the Rougarou offense to seven hits and one run while striking out 20 to claim games two and three by 4-1 and 4-0 scores.  Game three features six more shutout innings from Max Scherzer as he runs his record to 20-0 and drops his ERA to 1.69. Congratulations to the Santa Ana Winds and owner Mike Loar.

~ If the Dogs ever decide to actually show up in the first half of the season the Frick division might be over before September... But thankfully for the rest of us in the conference, Scurvy usually doesn't wake up until the second half of the season.  The Dogs sweep Rolla out of town, the highlight being Luis Gil's seven two-hit shutout innings in game three.  The youngster has won his first two starts and still has not given up a run.  The Dogs move into a tie with Phoenix for second place in the Frick.

~ Windy City completes a home sweep of their own, dispatching Roxbury in three straight.  The second straight series sweep for the Rattlers runs their WIN STREAK TO SIX GAMES, which has moved the team into third place in the KML.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Re: Sept 5-7

Reply #1
Series Highlights

~ I'll give you three guesses who the first team to clinch the postseason this year is, and if you need the second two chances . . . where exactly have you been the past five-plus months?  The Dakota's...

Shots fired!
I think someone is getting nervous about the Dogs annual 2nd half surge.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs