Skip to main content
Topic: MSB Historical Statistics (Read 15 times) previous topic - next topic

MSB Historical Statistics

All,

I've spent a couple days (well actually a lot longer than that as Mike Loar and I started talking about this back in January) trying to figure out a way to compile and keep a history of MSB's statistics.  Originally Mike had suggested using the DMB Encyclopedia but, perhaps because of how we've saved the databases over the years, I couldn't figure out a way to import them into the Encylopedia.

Anyway, Google Sheets has always worked for me so I figured why reinvent the wheel?  Over the past week and a half, I've imported the major statistics from every season into this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YI5hepd6li3_KKnVGmnzVxG3aZri9ZmMTf6MKKLeSfo

Using that raw data (which is hidden and protected), I built six spreadsheets that can be sorted and filtered.  These sheets include:
  • MSB Career Batting: This shows all players major career batting statistics in MSB.  Really lets you compare players over time; Pujols holds a lot of our records: hits, home runs, runs and RBI.
  • MSB Career Pitching: Similar as the last one.  Did anyone know that Roy Halladay had 48 complete games and 18 shut-outs?  Though Scherzer and Verlander are really crushing the competition on Ks... 3355 for Scherzer in 14 seasons, 3306 for Verlander in 15, and the rest of the field is 450+ behind (though that #3 is Kershaw).
  • MSB Ind. Season Batting: Gives you all data from all seasons.  #2 RBI season in MSB was Vladimir Guerrero in 2009 with 158 RBI.  #1 is quite the surprise - Adrian Gonzalez in 2010 with 188 RBIs!  What happened?
  • MSB Ind. Season Pitching: Same as last but for pitching.  Most IP was Adam Wainwright in 2011 with 270.1 innings and a 3.85 ERA.  But wow, perhaps the most dominating season is Roy Halladay in 2012 with 265.1 IP, a 2.27 ERA, 16 CG, 4 shutouts, and a 205/52 K/BB ratio.
  • Individual Batting: Allows you to select a particular batter and it will pull up both their career and individual batting statistics.
  • Individual Pitching: Allows you to select a particular pitcher and it will pull up both their career and individual pitching statistics.

Looking to hear your thoughts.

David Johnson
David
Phoenix Miners