Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome GM: Brandon Crews of the Grants Pass Brewers (Read 2873 times) previous topic - next topic

Welcome GM: Brandon Crews of the Grants Pass Brewers

Previously the GM of the 2010 MSB champion North Slope Drillers I am excited to return to MSB.  The Brewers name comes not from any real affinity for MLB's Milwaukee Brewers, but from my career as a brewer and now brewery owner.  My baseball fandom is tied to my DMB teams and the players on them more than to any MLB teams, but I am a die hard Nebraska Cornhusker and Portland Timbers fan.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Re: Welcome GM: Brandon Crews of the Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #1
Cool team name, I cannot stand Milwaukee anyway as a rival of the Cubs. Not sure about the Nebraska thing, as a life-long Mizzou fan, they used to be a rival, but Texas and Oklahoma ruined that.

My team had a rough season earning the worst record in MSB. This was year one for me and I learned a lot.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #2
Thanks.  I do miss the Big 12 days and the old rivals at times, especially when the program is struggling like now.

And I love how the logo turned out.  Thanks for that, Darrell.
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #3
Welcome Brandon.  Good to have you back in the fold.  I'm gonna have to get to Grants Pass one of these days to try that Brewery of yours.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #4
Cornhuskers? Ugh.
Although I do enjoy having them in the B10. Easy win after Turkey Day for the Hawks :)

Logo does look cool, welcome (back) to the league.
Rod
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
I'm thinking the league needs a PNW meetup.  Don's in Seattle, Scott is in Walla Walla, I'm in Spokane.  If only we had a place that could give us discount on good beer.  Actually Matt is probably closer to you than anyone else. 

Great to have you back.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #6
Welcome back, Brandon.  Dig the logo.

I wish you luck in MSB, but next week as we face off in Round 1 in SCRUBS, not so much. :)
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #7
I'm thinking the league needs a PNW meetup.  Don's in Seattle, Scott is in Walla Walla, I'm in Spokane.  If only we had a place that could give us discount on good beer.  Actually Matt is probably closer to you than anyone else. 

Great to have you back.
This reminds me... with 20 teams, we could go the easy route and just add one new team to the existing 4 divisions, but is realignment being discussed?  It'd be interesting to have the 5 teams you just mentioned all in the same division.  And I know there's enough to do a South Pacific division, a midwest division, and an East Coast division.  Just thinking out loud.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #8
We have a few plans . . . simple is going to win out.

I'm just upset that I am not sure how to display 5 teams per division on a website.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #10
Hey Brandon - welcome!
Scott
Walla Walla Sweets

Reply #11
Welcome!
I AM a brewers fan so I love the name!
And I hate the Cubs!
       JIM G
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #12
Welcome Brandon, your past success already proves you know how to do this so I'm extra worried with my poor showing last year. Part of it became a prospect search for me but I started out hoping to compete.
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)