Skip to main content
Topic: Yes, I’m a geek (Read 1374 times) previous topic - next topic

Yes, I’m a geek

In another league I’m in (and some of you as well) the commish casually mentioned he once made teams based on the first letter of their last name.

So for example the K’s would have a rotation headlined by Kershaw, Kluber, and Kuechel and anchored by closer Kimbrel. Pretty good right? Their batters though were not so good.

Anyway, this is right up my alley (see previous ‘all hitters vs all pitchers’, ‘all 2b’, etc).

Anyone have any guesses who would win? Later this weekend I’ll post rosters before I sim a season or two.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: Yes, I’m a geek

Reply #1
I am still waiting to see this.
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #2
I’m working on it as time allows :)
I have pitching staffs put together. And about half of the teams have catchers. I just need to finish the rest of the batters.

But yeah, the dork in me geeks out every time I spend time on it. It’s a big project though. If anyone wants to help I can send you the league file backup. But I’ll get through it one of these days either way.

Maybe I’ll work on it again tonight after Iowa beats up on Iowa State. Go Hawks...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
Finally. I've got rosters completed. Please take a look...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
Batting and Pitching reports
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
I’ll take Team “S” to win this. Open to discussion on it though, there’s some pretty good teams...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #6
That combo of FG looks pretty good on paper.
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #7
So I didn't set any MP's, I just simmed the season. Team B won fairly easily...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #8
Attached are the reports
Rod
Scurvy Dogs